Resolved Imagick Support for PHP 8.0

d2agency

Reaction score
Imagick, a PHP Module, is installed till PHP 7.4 in your hosting.

Can you please install this module to PHP 8.0 as its recommended by WordPress for its best performance.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll check in with the techs, but I'd assume it would be possible since it is already there for the other versions and there appears to be one available that should work with PHP 8.0

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Imagick, a PHP Module, is installed till PHP 7.4 in your hosting.

Can you please install this module to PHP 8.0 as its recommended by WordPress for its best performance.
I do apologize. We have updated all PHP versions and modules accordingly on the server your service is hosted on and you should now see the Imagick module available for PHP 8 at this time in your Select PHP version.

d2agency

Reaction score
I do apologize. We have updated all PHP versions and modules accordingly on the server your service is hosted on and you should now see the Imagick module available for PHP 8 at this time in your Select PHP version.

Thank You very much

mrandyman

Reaction score
imagick
Is this available for the service I am using because it's the only thing Wordpress is recommending for performance

From Wordpress:
PHP modules perform most of the tasks on the server that make your site run. Any changes to these must be made by your server administrator.

The WordPress Hosting Team maintains a list of those modules, both recommended and required, in the team handbook (opens in a new tab).

• Warning The optional module, imagick, is not installed, or has been disabled
Can you assist in getting this turned or tell me where I need to go. I don't have the full cpanel yet as I am using the free service for now.

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
imagick
Is this available for the service I am using because it's the only thing Wordpress is recommending for performance

From Wordpress:
PHP modules perform most of the tasks on the server that make your site run. Any changes to these must be made by your server administrator.

The WordPress Hosting Team maintains a list of those modules, both recommended and required, in the team handbook (opens in a new tab).

• Warning The optional module, imagick, is not installed, or has been disabled
Can you assist in getting this turned or tell me where I need to go. I don't have the full cpanel yet as I am using the free service for now.
In the future I would recommend makling a new thread.

however,. you can enable this via directadmin control panel.

Extra features > select PHP version > select the php module.