• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tarma

Reaction score
hurt, wanted to use "Yonkly" which is a program that used ASp.net microblogging

lifebynate13

Reaction score
Hi, in my college people still consider php a third class language and they either learn asp.net or java.I think you will loose some of those people who wants to create site in ASP.I think if it is possible and cost effective then, x10hosting should try to keep asp.net support in their servers.Afterall it is a selling point for free hosting.As far as frontpage extension support is concerned, you should drop support for them, the software is out of date now.

I Agree! Dump Frontpage and Keep Asp.net.

sandy.beach

Prime Account
Reaction score
I think X10 Hosting have to consider is cost effectiveness. Is their time spent suporting frontpage and ASP worth it?

Do they have many people taking out ASP hosting packages and do any of those people use frontpage.

Plus on the free hosting, it is free, how can you complain ? But i would agree with bhupendra2895 dump frontpage but keep ASP.

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
Come on friends don't quote me, I don't use asp.net and frontpage.

My only suggestion to x10hosting was, if it is possible then keep support for ASP.NET because it is a selling point for free hosting.

knightbob

Reaction score
Maybe an serperated server wich runs Frontpage and ASP.NET? That it is possible to select on the sign-up page if you use Frontpage and/ore ASP.NET.

kevin29

Reaction score
I use neither. Unless it's possible to use them without knowing.:wink:

80s_rocks

Reaction score
Frontpage was a hassle even when used on a dedicated machine and inserted all kind of extra code even if you accidentally switch from design to code view, same with the extensions and its versions on a web server. I am not familiar that much with Mono but looks like their IDE has some issues. On a hosted environment these two will not be easy to use I guess, so my inclination is to drop them. Mono can be added later if things become stable!.

thims

Reaction score
I use PHP for my applications, but is really interesting keep the support to ASP.NET, although just 2% use this language. this is a good development language and really flexible.

I'm interested in develop a new website using ASP.NET

Uchiha Sasuke

Reaction score
well corey is sayin about a final choice if u want the frontpage still kept or not because its putting os much stress on the servers that it will become slow

Status
Not open for further replies.