[In Porgress] Can't change my subdomain name...

Status
Not open for further replies.

[6x9]

Reaction score
I want to change my subdomain to pcriot.com but it won't let me.

I'm using the "Modify Your Account" page. After I submit my change is says I've been placed in the queue. I go back to my "Account Panel Home" and wait a while and refresh the page after some time to see if it took effect but it hasn't. I go back to my "Modify Your Account" page and it says
Any pending changes to your hosting account will be shown below.

you have no changes pending to your account
So I repeat the request and it does the same thing. I must have submitted the request 20 times and it won't take.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
I want to change my subdomain to pcriot.com but it won't let me.

I'm using the "Modify Your Account" page. After I submit my change is says I've been placed in the queue. I go back to my "Account Panel Home" and wait a while and refresh the page after some time to see if it took effect but it hasn't. I go back to my "Modify Your Account" page and it says
So I repeat the request and it does the same thing. I must have submitted the request 20 times and it won't take.

Post the desire new domain name here...

I will request Account Manager to change it for you.

[6x9]

Reaction score
It's been about 5 hours. Still no change in my domain name. :dunno:

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
Boss has requested for change of domain.Please give some time for our Account Managers to change it. I am sure they will help you.

[6x9]

Reaction score
I want to start building my site already.

Let's say I add SMF to my site and it installs in dnd4e.exofire.net and later the change goes through and changes the subdomain to dnd4e.pcriot.com, will it render my SMF install broken, or is dnd4e.exofire.net (or dnd4e.pcriot.com) just a pointer that references my home directory period (no matter what my subdomain is)?

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
It's been 3 days... any update?

I request you to wait.All the admins are working on the upgradation.Some of the similar problems were solved earlier.So i hope when a Account Manager see this they will definitely help you

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

I apologize for the delay.
If you could tell me your current subdomain I'll sort it for you (Can't look it up right now, due to the maintenance/upgrades on our backend)

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

I apologize for the delay.
If you could tell me your current subdomain I'll sort it for you (Can't look it up right now, due to the maintenance/upgrades on our backend)

His current domain is http://dnd4e.exofire.net

I remember I saw this on AIP few days ago.. Also when i open this address it is working.

[6x9]

Reaction score
I have now changed the domain for you. It may take a little bit until it is fully functional, in worst case scenarios it can take as much as 48-72 hours.

Thank you Anna. http://dnd4e.pcriot.com/ seems to be working but broken (as you said it isn't fully functional right now).

All the links, graphics, boards, etc. on the site are still pointing to dnd4e.exofire.net domain. I can't log in to the admin section to change the references because the admin page is pointing to the exofire.net subdomain as well.

I know you said it would take about 48-72 hour until it's fully functional, I'm just going to be patient. I just wanted to bring it to your attention in case you weren't aware. Not trying to rush you.

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
If your site has the old address hardcoded (or in a database setting from which the code uses to determine site address) in some way it will not sort itself automatically.
You'll have to edit the code (you can do this through cPanels filemanager) if it is hardcoded, or if it is in the database use phpmyadmin to edit the database entry.

[6x9]

Reaction score
Ok, I've went through phpmyadmin and changed all the exofire references to pcriot. Now when I go to http://dnd4e.pcriot.com/ the page looks correct (all the graphics and such) but when I click on anything (boards, admin link, etc.) it tries to bring me to the exofire domain still and the page errors.

I must have to change something else (probably in file manager as you said) but I can't figure out what. Can you tell me which file to edit? In the meanwhile, I will continue to try and figure it out.

Thanks.

ETA: I figured it out. It's the settings.php file (duh makes sense) I just had to change one reference in there.

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,
Sounds as you got it all sorted then. I'll close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.