Inactivity policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrohermit

Prime Account
Reaction score
Thanks for the hosting service and great control panel and admin services.

I do though, have a complaint against having to LOGIN once every 31 days. This seems a bit excessive to me.

dave

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

There should be an e-mail warning sent out when you are closing in on the time of month where you'd get suspended if you do not login here.

electrohermit

Prime Account
Reaction score
Thanks Anna,

Appreciate you responding to that so quick.

I went with Techair's advise and just now purchased the inactivity timer so I'll see how that goes.

electrohermit

atlanis

Reaction score
It's an annoying but necessary requirement for such superb hosting as x10. It keeps the number of inactive sites down to a minimum.

cheezo

Reaction score
Hello,

There should be an e-mail warning sent out when you are closing in on the time of month where you'd get suspended if you do not login here.

i agree about this although once a month isn't that bad if you are serious about building links to your site, then you can just login here everyday and use you signature to reply.

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
The inactivity scripts do truly do alot.. If they didn't use it, there would be no room for new accounts, i've seen x10 when the scripts havent been run in a while, it's not pretty. Email reminders now, however? You guys are getting too soft! It was much better when the reminders did not go out.

mannjik69

Reaction score
I received an e-mail today about inactivity. "We are sending you this email to remind you to visit the x10Hosting Account Portal. Visiting the Account Portal once per month is a required to keep your hosting account active.All that we require is that you access the portal while authenticated. Our account portal may be accessed here: https://x10hosting.com/portal/
Sincerely,
x10Hosting"

When I signed up I received this message: Our Terms of Service
thoroughly discusses our hosting account inactivity policy. x10Hosting accounts
are required to access their forum accounts at least once per month.

I have been signing into the forum weekly to be on the safe side. I was given different log-in names to do that.

So is the policy to log-in under account portal and then log-in to the forum to keep my free space. I'm confused.

Mike

smscott750

Reaction score
I, for one, am just thankful to have a dependable place,, free of charge, to host my simple website. I just have a recurring item in my Outlook calendar which reminds me to login once a week. That way, if something keeps me from complying for a week or two, I'm covered. A cheap price to pay.

mannjik69

Reaction score
I received an e-mail today about inactivity. "We are sending you this email to remind you to visit the x10Hosting Account Portal. Visiting the Account Portal once per month is a required to keep your hosting account active.All that we require is that you access the portal while authenticated. Our account portal may be accessed here: https://x10hosting.com/portal/
Sincerely,
x10Hosting"

When I signed up I received this message: Our Terms of Service
thoroughly discusses our hosting account inactivity policy. x10Hosting accounts
are required to access their forum accounts at least once per month.

I have been signing into the forum weekly to be on the safe side. I was given different log-in names to do that.

So is the policy to log-in under account portal and then log-in to the forum to keep my free space. I'm confused.

Mike

Here is the answer I received 1/7/12 from a support ticket:

Department: Free General Support
Priority: Normal

I am sorry for the confusing. Since our beginnings, we have required that users login to the forum. However, recently, we changed that to require that you login into the portal only.

Best Regards,
Xavier L.
-------------------

I hope this helps somebody else like id did me!

Status
Not open for further replies.