Inactivity Timer Subscription

Status
Not open for further replies.

offsprung

Reaction score
After the big crash in September kept getting inact.warn and chaulked it up to the "upgrade". Today account got oops locked.
Do we have to buy a new subscription because of the September "upgrade"?

Last edited:

offsprung

Reaction score
The page where I paid said "RECURRING" exactly how do you define a "SUBSCRIPTION"?

Does that even work? I get "x10Hosting Community does not have any paid subscriptions available to which you can subscribe."

By changes you mean no such thing?

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Subscription means that you subscribe to the service for as long as you want, and during that period it will be charged once per period you did chose. Basically subscriptions is recurring payments, when the first period runs out, a new will be automatically charged and time added.

So if you did chose the three months option, it will automatically charge your paypal again, with the same sum, in three months from now. If you did chose yearly, the charge will be in one year from now.

offsprung

Reaction score
Exactly my point, I signed up for a one year recurring subscription and x10 did not charge me in 2010.
You said in your first reply "Your inactivity timer did expire 09-21-2010".
A recurring subscription does NOT "EXPIRE"".
Even Corey said:
Corey:
Purchasing the timer will waive the requirement to login to the forums for a 1 year period and is only applied to the hosting account linked with the forum account that it is purchased on. vB will automatically setup a paypal subscription to pay the $3 each year, it is the user's responsibility to cancel their subscription should they choose not to continue service.
It would appear at the time of the "upgrade" something was changed.
However you are still pointing people to that payments.php which says "x10Hosting Community does not have any paid subscriptions available to which you can subscribe."

I understand things can change at any time, where do I find this new PRIME?

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I will relay this to the admins that deals with payments, I believe the subscription mechanism for the inactivity timer didn't work as intended. Do your paypal show an active subscription for the inactivity timer?

However, more important right now would be, did your paypal get charged for the inactivity timer in Septemper this year? If so, we'll of course manually add a new period to your account.

offsprung

Reaction score
No as I said it did not recur in 2010.
And as I said it was at the time of the "upgrade" so I completely understand, that little things like this can happen.
I really liked it and in no way did I opt out.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Prime membership does exist. It has replaced the previous inactivity timer. If you would like to purchase prime membership, then please follow that link you last replied with and follow the link on that page to purchase it.

offsprung

Reaction score
It exists as much now as when Anna posted it months ago. And yes it is linked and can be visited but it STILL says
x10Hosting Community does not have any paid subscriptions available to which you can subscribe.

If someone actually knows the magic to finding it or getting the BROKEN subscription to actually RECUR, that would be appreciated...

Also I do like the new lock policy, the warning and 10 day grace is great!

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Something must be very wrong then, because I see both the Prime membership and Illuminated packages to purchase at that link. Have you tried clearing your browser's cache?

offsprung

Reaction score
Sure, not to mention waiting 4 monthes and re-installing win 3 times and trying IE. Maybe I have to be a SPAMMER to see it?
The link takes you to
http://x10hosting.com/forums/payments.php
Which contains...
vBulletin Message
x10Hosting Community does not have any paid subscriptions available to which you can subscribe.
But even if it did show, not sure how different this "subscription" would be than the last one, not much of a subscription if it does NOT recur.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

It looks like the Email confirmation was never done so you were still in the 'awaiting confirmation' group. I have changed your usergroup to registered users.

offsprung

Reaction score
Thanks C, that works.
I guess its a good thing it even counted as a forum login? ;-)
So this one will recur?
Grabbed a 1 year THANKS!

Last edited:

offsprung

Reaction score
I think my forum account is still bad.
Tried replying to thread:
http://x10hosting.com/forums/free-hosting/152750-contact-form-hotmail.html
and it says:
you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Just wanted to confirm that a mail form on x10 is a waste of time since x10 is banned by gmail and hotmail?

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
You'll have to have a significantly higher post count before you can reply to other user's free hosting support threads. Until then, being active elsewhere in the forum will help increase your post count.

offsprung

Reaction score
So I will have to ask all questions in a new thread even if existing threads are present?
Lot of clutter?
And each has to be opened as a support thread?
Ok...

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Even if you could, posting that as answer to a user's support thread also doesn't help them at all, either. If you want to help, you must post solutions and help and troubleshooting in the free hosting support forum only when you can also post in other user's threads. I can see that you posted this as a question in a separate thread and found a solution by an answer to your question.

offsprung

Reaction score
What?
How is asking a related question and trying to keep identical info, easier to find and on one thread trying to help him?
Always thought that was the way a "community" operated?
I understand now this forum is unique...
Even if finding an identical problem in an existing thread, and I have opened enough unique tix/threads ALWAYS start a new threads, unless my question directly helps OP.
Thank you for clearing that up for me.
And I have opened a support tix/thread to confirm no mail form--->blocked by 2 most? important providers.

continued here...
http://x10hosting.com/forums/free-hosting/156032-no-mail-forms-x10.html

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
I've already referred to that thread when I said that I saw it. It has been answered already with a solution to the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.