Inactivity Times

jasyjaws

Reaction score
I had another topic but was closed, the 21 day period I feel should have been longer for inactivity because other things happened also a glitch in the email. What I was directed to was here.

I had looked through so many sites to restore, the syntax of usual hosting and found that most times there is a longer period than 21 days, that it's the server owners that can go in and rescue things. But there are other sites that say some servers are not top of the line, and others are very old. I don't know what this place would have but I'm really hoping that maybe there is still a chance.

I'm very depressed, I feel so helpless and that more time could be awarded to those who have been with for over a year, I was here since years ago. And I was always good about keeping up. But things happen, more time...we all need more time.

Edited by Livewire: Changed thread title, since this is an issue related to inactivity timers, it should be clearly titled as such.

Last edited by a moderator:

jasyjaws

Reaction score
I have the links. I don't know how to contact you in private messages, so please let me know how to...I have info. Also the suggestion that people who have been with x10 for a long period should be given more time than less than a month. That is still my hope and what I've been reading up on. There's hope.

I don't want to post a bunch of links to the stuff since it would seem like spam but I have the links and also my links direct to lyrics.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
You're in the right spot for the suggestion; I can't guarantee that it'll be changed however.

The original inactivity policy used to be 14 days, with 14 further while suspended before the account would terminate. It was extended to 30+21 some time ago (30 days until suspension, 21 days while suspended before termination), but I can't promise that it would be extended any further.

I'm unclear on the nature of the links you mentioned, but bear in mind we don't allow links to other hosting providers. We do know that other providers may have different backup policies than us, however bear in mind that our free hosting service is exactly that - free. Unlike premium where the servers pay for themselves fairly easily (which also allows us extra resources to have extended backups available), free servers typically don't, which leaves less funds available to pay for long-term backup servers.

Any suggestion made needs to keep that in mind; we don't force advertisements on pages, we don't monitor page-views, we don't send spam; it's free hosting, and there will be limitations to what we can offer that come with it being free to sign up for and use.

jasyjaws

Reaction score
I wanted to privately talk with you, and no the links I was referring to were on the subject, but I wasn't sure about putting them in the general boards.

I have links to my pages as well. I can explain here if you want but maybe feel it's better with just you and the owner...

And my suggestion was that the longer someone is with x10, the longer their extended time might go should something happen (like it did to me) just because the person was keeping up well. To begin with.

Let me know if there's a way to private message...

jasyjaws

Reaction score
Yes I sure hope so because I am finding out that what google did may have been intentional. And there is hope that my stuff is still there as the owner would have ultimate control of that. A lot of things seem to be happening in many tech companies that are targeting the people - gmail belongs to google and there is some untoward things happening in google as the wrong sort of people get hired to do work and they take that power and do evil things. Now I'm not 100% sure that I was a target but I suspect that I was since google has been caught doing some real dirty things like delaying emails. x10 could have sent me 10 emails and I would have never gotten them in the frame they wanted me to.

kenny9

Reaction score
My advise would be to get away from G-Mail, Hotmail, and any other e-mail providers causing problems and reapply for free space at x10. You've lost your site and have no back-up. Rebuild and save a back-up off site.

jasyjaws

Reaction score
I've been reading conflicting info that gives me hope, also to do with files being put on another server for an extended time, other articles that went into further detail and the technical lingo some I didn't know...I just need to talk to the owner. If he could email me. My gmail is working now and I was thinking about getting an update which went into another issue. It's hard to explain.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
You should be able to, but it's up to him if he would read/reply to it or not. Easiest way to find a post of his (to hit the PM button on) is to check News/Announcements.

jasyjaws

Reaction score
I am trying to look around for this...I am trying with all this other stuff going on with some holidays around.

jasyjaws

Reaction score
You should be able to, but it's up to him if he would read/reply to it or not. Easiest way to find a post of his (to hit the PM button on) is to check News/Announcements.

I'm not seeing anywhere there's a PM feature here. I am logged in here so I am able to use the features I do see. My files are still around and sorry I have not been able to get back sooner. Just need to talk to the owner. I may be coming into some money and it'd be nice to get this sorted out.

jasyjaws

Reaction score
Hey thanks so much! I have sent (hopefully I did it right) to Corey...sorry that I seem offline, well with work and all...but I am trying very hard to check emails even in the spam section of it now that I know gmail has some glitch going on with it. I really miss iGoogle. If anything, for the themes you could personalize on your own google accounts. *sigh*

Thanks again!

longbich

Reaction score
Good luck. I have never heard of this Google bad stuff before. It's disconcerting if it's true.

jasyjaws

Reaction score
Good luck. I have never heard of this Google bad stuff before. It's disconcerting if it's true.

Yeah it's really bizarre. I think though, it was just a glitch and I did ask the google help forum on why this was, and they told me that it was x10hosting that failed to send the email stuff, but then when I went back to reply to them to tell them that x10 did send my emails that they were just delayed by a month, they had closed my friggin topic! But I tried to explain the situation to them and they just blamed x10 instead. Which is not the case as x10 did indeed send out the emails, they were delayed on gmail's end, not mine or x10's end. Good grief!

But I think it may have been a glitch. And so far I have no heard back from the owner. But I figure it's December and with all that, he's probably not gotten around to me yet. I'm hoping me and my friend Scott can get this all sorted out. Scott is also a victim of google's screw up.

longbich

Reaction score
Today I received an Inactivity Warning from x10. From where I can see I was active here just last Saturday the 9th December, 2017. Thar's less than a week so it's not more than a month that I've been here. There does seem to be some strange popups coming on some sites I have been a regular poster on. x10 has not had these popups but it does seem a little strange that I was warned of inactivity in such a short time.

jasyjaws

Reaction score
Today I received an Inactivity Warning from x10. From where I can see I was active here just last Saturday the 9th December, 2017. Thar's less than a week so it's not more than a month that I've been here. There does seem to be some strange popups coming on some sites I have been a regular poster on. x10 has not had these popups but it does seem a little strange that I was warned of inactivity in such a short time.

It's just so bizarre, I have read in some places that accounts are backed up even if the user cannot access them due to a pre-programmed thing that blocks the user (in this case for inactivity) but on my end, it was gmail that flubbed it up. The date on the actual email I got does show the date, I can even make a screenshot proving they did send it, however it was delayed by gmail. Not by x10. I mean x10 doesn't own google as far as I know. But I'm holding onto that hope and that the owner can fix this. In the meantime, I am looking into a way of setting up some kind of notification alert on my computer to remind me of things so I'm not entirely dependent on gmail.

I can't believe they tried to blame x10 though...it just seems like google was trying to make excuses and shift the blame for their screw up. And with my work schedule being what it is for the last six months, with seemingly no end in sight, I can't always check all my stuff I have. The email is what I check often, sometimes it's the only thing I have time to check! But if I can't rely on gmail, I need to see about another way.

I am sorry to hear about what happened to you.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
This forum account is not linked with any hosting, so I can't really check. The only thing that counts as activity however is logging into the control panel at: https://x10hosting.com/sso/login

longbich

Reaction score
This forum account is not linked with any hosting, so I can't really check. The only thing that counts as activity however is logging into the control panel at: https://x10hosting.com/sso/login
Yep I always Log in and have never had such a brief time between Inactivity Warnings and actual Logins. Most of the time the warnings are due to my slackness or a few times I was out of contact in a country not recognized so that was legitimate. I don't have any complaint here it was just worth noting that sometimes stuff happens. When I log in I usually say something somewhere just so I can remember when I logged in last.