Increasing Sub-domain Limit from 2 to 5

intlx10m

Reaction score
It is really hard to rely on 2 sub-domains. So, i would request the x10community to increase the limit from 2 to 5 in a nearby future.I believe that 2 is not considerable number of domains for a hosting account.Its, true that running 3 more websites on sub domain will need bigger space so, i guess users with infinity space can be given 3 more sub domain.

Regards,
Mohammed Arshad.

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
We have chosen to set the limit to 2 subdomains on free hosting, with a Prime, or Illuminated, upgrade you would be allowed to have 4 subdomains. To my knowledge there's no plans to change the free plan at this time

Currently those packages are being re-vamped though, so it is not possible to purchase that at the moment, and unfortunately I don't know what the price for it will be when it becomes available again, but they would definitely be price worthy options.

If you need more than that, I'd recommend that you look at the premium service we provide at http://x10premium.com which has unlimited domains.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
My understanding is that x10Hosting free is designed specifically for novice and hobbyist webmasters. If you have a large number of websites, a large number of visitors, complex programs, a need for 99.9% guaranteed uptime, etc., then you've really moved beyond the scope of the hosting plan and into the realm of x10Premium hosting.

I'm sure there are some professional grade websites on free and some hobbyist websites on premium (like mine) who are happy with their service, but I would recommend picking the correct tool for the job. Ultimately, hosting too many websites on one account will cause you to be temporarily suspended for resource usage. You'll run out of databases too, most likely. Then you have to consider adding email and FTP accounts for all these sites. By the time x10Hosting free provides everything one would need for hosting 5 medium size websites, they'd be offering the same plans they do on x10Hosting premium :rofl:

intlx10m

Reaction score
Yes, That's pretty true. Not everything in the world comes for free. Anyways I'm perfectly happy with free plan as of now. But in future i guess the traffic on the website is going to be pretty much high, i guess then i can consider buying a plan for 3 years. Its true that x10's hosting charges are far more better than compared to hosting providers like godaddy, hostgator and i definitely am going to choose x10 inifinty plan. I wasn't aware before that an account would be suspended for excessive resource usage.Thanks people for clearing doubt...X10 truly is an amazing service!.

intlx10m

Reaction score
My understanding is that x10Hosting free is designed specifically for novice and hobbyist webmasters. If you have a large number of websites, a large number of visitors, complex programs, a need for 99.9% guaranteed uptime, etc., then you've really moved beyond the scope of the hosting plan and into the realm of x10Premium hosting.

I'm sure there are some professional grade websites on free and some hobbyist websites on premium (like mine) who are happy with their service, but I would recommend picking the correct tool for the job. Ultimately, hosting too many websites on one account will cause you to be temporarily suspended for resource usage. You'll run out of databases too, most likely. Then you have to consider adding email and FTP accounts for all these sites. By the time x10Hosting free provides everything one would need for hosting 5 medium size websites, they'd be offering the same plans they do on x10Hosting premium :rofl:
You really made an excellent point here which i didn't think earlier. Thanks :lol: