Incredibly slow site. Will premium membership fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

youthcoa

Reaction score
My site is so slow. Takes a minute or two to load. Will a premium membership fix the slowness?
Thanks!

lylex10h

Reaction score
What is the website address? There may be other things you can do to speed up your site.

pollardl

Reaction score
I'm also experiencing very slow website.
Seems that the mySQL server keeps reporting its status as "offline" intermittently.
Been happening for a few days now...
Think they could be related?

youthcoa

Reaction score
Small fixes to speed up my site are not the issue. I've also got it on xampp and it's running great.

I am having the same 'Error establishing database connection.' Is that what you guys are having?
Will premium solve this? Need to know very soon. Thanks.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
"I've also got it on xampp" isn't a check at all, unless you're running XAMPP on a Celeron 400 with 96MB of RAM and a 5400RPM hard drive on a remote machine you're accessing via TokenRing. You have no latency, multiple channels, local resources that would cost you hundreds per month in a datacentre, free access to features and settings that would be freakishly dangerous on a shared hosting server, etc. You asked for help, and you're refusing to give anyone the information that would allow them to give you the help.

youthcoa

Reaction score
No database issues anymore. Hope you guys have stopped having the issue as well.

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
It should help to upgrade to premium hosting.

Premium have far less accounts sharing the resources available on each server, so your account should in theory be able to use more resources when loading the page(s). Premium hosting also offers an uptime guarantee (SLA), and is less prone to abuse from the other users you share the resources with.

Will it however be an actual solution to get rid of the slowness? That is impossible to tell without figuring out the underlying reason for the slowness. A poorly written code will still be poorly written with more resources to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.