Index.Htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

thproj

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a free hosting account with you guys that came with all the standard folders within the actual domain if im making any sence...
public_html
.cpanel
ftpquota
.lastlogin

I accidently deleted all contents thinking i will start from scratch allowing me to have a folder structure that i can work with, handle and maintain...

However, while doing this i accidently deleted the Index.Htm file... the actual home page...
the first page...

I tried creating a html document and calling in Index.Htm Default.Htm but when i go to the to the site via a broweser its tottally off key, i have no idea where its getting the information from that its displaying...
how do i rectify this?
**Simple terms:-
deleted Index/Default.Htm
Browser is now re-directing god knows where and how, information beeing displayed is actually ment to be confidential...
Need to create a Index file that the Domain name ties down to...
www.vslo.x10.mx ----> Index.Htm

Question 2...
If i wanted to re-set my account as in stop the one i have now and re-create with the same name to take me back to the begening again would this be possible...
*Simple terms:-
close/reset account to go back to step one?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
file name is case sensitive, it must be all lower case unless you specify in a .htaccess to look for the file you have, with the exact same case.

Also all files you want to display publicly needs to be placed inside the public_html folder.

To close the account and restart, just ask for it to be terminated. Remember to clearly state that you have all backups you need.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.