Install Awstats

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuisinedelice

Reaction score
Hi!

I would like to install awstats to have big statistics of my website. I don't know how to do this and I waiting for your help.

I've already find a methode for OVH but It's necessary to have an account for access at his log server.

Thanks for your help!

(Sorry for my english, I'm a young french ;))

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Hi!

I would like to install awstats to have big statistics of my website. I don't know how to do this and I waiting for your help.

I've already find a methode for OVH but It's necessary to have an account for access at his log server.

Thanks for your help!

(Sorry for my english, I'm a young french ;))

Hi cuisinedelice,

AWStats was uninstalled from our servers' cPanels because it hogged up resources that could have been put to better use improving the quality of members' websites.

You can use a third-party page monitoring system such as Google Analytics (http://analytics.google.com) if you want statistical information about your website.

- Adam

cuisinedelice

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply!

I know that Google Analytics exist but I wouldn't add more code in my pages, and I know awstats and his options.

It's impossible to install it than a "Portable Firefox" ? :biggrin:

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
No, sorry. It is not possible at this time to configure accounts individually on such large servers. If AWStats is not included in your cPanel package, then it cannot be added to your account.

cuisinedelice

Reaction score
:frown: And awstats will come soon on X10Hosting?

Are they are a stats viewer that can be used or be installed by Softaculous ?

I need a powerful statistics viewer for my website with the visitor's OS, Web browser and more.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Not installed on cPanel. The administration has determined that the resources used by programs like AWStats could be better used elsewhere. This is probably because many people don't care about their web statistics, and the program is taxing X10 either way.

The only suggestion I have is to use the third party service that adam suggested:
You can use a third-party page monitoring system such as Google Analytics (http://analytics.google.com) if you want statistical information about your website.

cuisinedelice

Reaction score
thanks but i wouldn't insert more code in my website (bugs when locals tests). It's impossible to have an option to activate/dissable awstats or install an other webstats viewer?

thanks for your time and attention.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
thanks but i wouldn't insert more code in my website (bugs when locals tests). It's impossible to have an option to activate/dissable awstats or install an other webstats viewer?

thanks for your time and attention.

Hi cuisinedelice,

As of right now, we are reserving the resources to use for hosting purposes so we can better serve our members. If you would like to see AWStats or something similar to it return, you can make a suggestion topic at the Feedback and Suggestions board, and an administrator will read through your request.

- Adam

Last edited:

cuisinedelice

Reaction score
Thanks, I go to do this now! :biggrin:

EDIT : It's Done!
Edit:
Little question, how to set GTM+1 for my account? For the server, it's 18h30 but it's 00h30 in France

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Do it in your script. You can't just set the time.. use PHP to specify the time in the script.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
It appears that you are using a blogging software.
The administrator panel should have a setting that you can experiment with. You might have to set it to Central Russian time to get it to display properly...that is, setting it to French time might still be off by an hour, so improvise if necessary.

Last edited:

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
For the stats viewer, you can try piwik, it's a great open-source stat analytics program that is worth a try.

cuisinedelice

Reaction score
yes, i've trying it. But I've some problems with the time zone of the server. I'm in France (GTM+1) but the server has GTM-5

Status
Not open for further replies.