Insturmental Vs Techno Music

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
Now, I know I have been thinking about this for a while, so I decided to just post it up here.

Old music consists of musicians and instruments that can be humanly played.
New music consists of generators and equalizers to warp sound so it sounds "cool."

As a musician, I like the instrumental music because.. it just has a deeper feeling to it and emotion in the music while techno is all just non-emotional.

I mean, I like newer music, but it kinda just takes out the emotion out of the instrumental part of it.. .what do you think?

Cheers,
ShadowmasterX

fractalfeline

Reaction score
I like both actually :) :) I think it's fun when both techno and traditional elements are blended to come up with an interesting sound.

Clips from a song I like which I think blend well :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8TS-giC3mQ

Though if I was forced to choose one at gunpoint, it would be instrumental, if only because techno synth starts sounding all the same over time.

seafury

Reaction score
Disco forever!

Just Kidding

I prefer Techno, but is my personal preference, I love hi tech, since the 70s my grandfather carries me to a Rick Wakeman concert, and the Journey to the centre of the earth defines my preferences.

There are many more good musicians, and many of them are a fussion between both tendencies, what about Jean Michell Jarre or Robert Miles, or Tomita, what about their Live in NY concert?

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
I like instrumnetal...... good...... i love it

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Guess I'm lucky but I can find emotions in both and not just in two of them. I can fine emotions in almost any music genre. If it's made with emotions I can feel it.

I don't have to choose.

Last edited:

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
I use to play yechno and rap music during my parties with laser light.

Everybody enjoy

ddcddc

Reaction score
Now, I know I have been thinking about this for a while, so I decided to just post it up here.

New music consists of generators and equalizers to warp sound so it sounds "cool."

As a musician, I like the instrumental music because.. it just has a deeper feeling to it and emotion in the music while techno is all just non-emotional.

I mean, I like newer music, but it kinda just takes out the emotion out of the instrumental part of it.. .what do you think?

Cheers,
ShadowmasterX

I like both. It's advantagous <sp?> to be able to compose with both. Mixing it up is always good. And it's equally good to utilize each on it's own. One strengthens the other. I'll admit, it's hard to get the same feel from just synths...espeically drums. There really is nothing like being able to jam with other people and pull magic of thin air though. I do admit it is more fulfilling to jam with other people. But that isn't always possiible...you know how flakey musicians can be :)

dontbeajew

Reaction score
Instrumental Music is much better than techno music. It takes real talent to write and play instrumental music, while anyone with a computer could make techno music.

Since there are no lyrics in instrumental music, I'd also say that it'd be harder to come up with a good beat that would keep people listening to the song.

lol sorry, but techno just sounds annoying to me.

ddcddc

Reaction score
Instrumental Music is much better than techno music. It takes real talent to write and play instrumental music, while anyone with a computer could make techno music.

Since there are no lyrics in instrumental music, I'd also say that it'd be harder to come up with a good beat that would keep people listening to the song.

hwo about experimental music with many styles fused together? I don' think you have given techno real shot...have you listened to alot? There are many different flavors...

dontbeajew

Reaction score
hwo about experimental music with many styles fused together? I don' think you have given techno real shot...have you listened to alot? There are many different flavors...

Well you're right, I listen to quite a few Ozzy songs with synths going in the background. That just adds a general tone or mood to the song. Techno just seems to be extremely random with no solid beat.

When you say experimental music, whom exactly are you referring too?

nerotic

Reaction score
Not sure why I'd have to choose. You look at an amazing band like NIN and see how they mix the best of analog and digital.

I've been playing guitar for 18 years. The only thing I can't stand about techno is when a DJ calls himself a "musician". :)

phazzedout

Reaction score
The only thing I can't stand about techno is when a DJ calls himself a "musician". :)

So if a DJ comes up with his own original content or even improve on someone elses work he is not a musician? I can disagree in many levels. Have you ever played or seen with the program called FL Studio?

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Maybe you don't see him as a full fledged musicians, but "regular" musicians do exactly the same thing. Mostly what is composed is a major or minor variation on something that they heard, read or saw. It's the way things are, and it's the way DJs work.

axesdenyd

Reaction score
Actually, I'm not sure that you can't Classify Techno as "music" by the classical term of "instruments, and vocals"... The medium of the instrument has changed, like an Accoustic Bass or Guitar going to Electric, or using a drum machine, or electric violin in a country song.

Though I prefer Techno, and the like, I do prefer "natural" music, that doesn't use synthesized sounds too. Both have their merit, and are equally good in their own right.

synchesis

Reaction score
Techno isn't the only genre of music (yes, music) that is electronic in nature, or non-instrumental. There's electronica and dance as well (many people consider them seaprate genres). But besides that, electronics play such a huge role in music production and even composition today that it gets really hard to completely separate the two sometimes. Synthesizers and sound samplers are used very frequently in composing music for commercials, TV shows, and movies, even if the music isn't "techno" at all. And every single studio album you've ever listened to has been electronically edited, digitally or via analog. Even live performances by many bands today must be regarded as at least partially electronic in some way if they are miced or amplified and playing through speakers of some sort. Also, often a composer will record himself or some musician playing an instrument live and then digitally edit or modify the recording somehow, to get it to sound just how he wants. And sometimes composers can electronically blend multiple types of instruments (via sound samples) to create a whole "new" instrument! So to answer the question, I don't really care for techno, but you have to recognize and acknowledge the fact that the role of electronics in music goes far beyond a particular style of music.

Reaction score
i don't like them both i am n ot into that kind of music.
i like these kind of music listed below:

1: Hardcore.
2:Terror.
3:Darkcore.
4:Hardstyle.

and that kind of music but not Insturmental and Techno

electr0n

Reaction score

Not anyone with just a computer can make a techno song. You need all the special equipment like turntables.

buchan

Reaction score

Cheers,
ShadowmasterX

I'll take an extreme position and say that techno music is a degenerated form of music, which reflects the general decline in Western civilization as a whole over the last century. It's not just that it sounds bad (usually); it IS bad, and people have reached the point where they can no longer distinguish good music from bad music.

This does not mean that instrumental music is necessarily better in terms of quality, especially contemporary instrumental music. But at least a person playing an instrument needs training and some kind of background in knowing what came before him or her. In my extreme opinion, this doesn't see to be the case with composers of techno music.

dontbeajew

Reaction score
Not anyone with just a computer can make a techno song. You need all the special equipment like turntables.

I cracked the **** up when I read that dumb ****.

You can download a synthesizer for free on to any computer.

Turn tables are for rapping aren't they? (rap sucks too)