• Intel

Votes: 26 66.7%
  • AMD

Votes: 13 33.3%

• Total voters

CuteKate400

Reaction score
Re: Intel or AMD

Oh, ok, seems to be that Intel is a lot better :) I thought AMD was the gaming one. But anyway, thanks for your feedback.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score

Not sure about recent models of AMD CPUs, but from what I've seen many Intel processors tend to have a larger L2 cache

MiraMesa

Reaction score

I bought my E8400 Intel Core 2 Duo and I haven't regretted it. :] I suggest Intel if you're an avid gamer like me.

Zangetsu

Reaction score

i would say

AMD office use
Intel Gaming & OCing

Last edited:

zeusius

Reaction score

I love the new AMD Phenom Black with the Spider platform. Everything integrates beautifully and runs super fast. Right now Intel has the edge on speed. I think it's mostly due to driver support. For my money, I would not even think about going Intel. Grab a Phenom and Spider MB. 4X Crossfire for gaming! Ridiculous! Overclocking is a breeze as well. There is a great article in the April issue of CPU Magazine comparing the two platforms, check it out.

Last edited:

admael

Reaction score

AMD can't afford to increase the L2 cache. But they do have more L1 cache :p

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score

Well, I play all the latest titles on my AMD Athlon64 X2 Dual Core 5,000+ lol what a name, it's 2.6GHz, I'm gonna overclock it to 2.8 though cause it never gets hotter than 45 C hehe. So, AMD have issues with heat do they? This thing cost £90 and I've never had problems. AMD FTW!

Daniel S

Reaction score

I prefer to have an amd because i know somebody that bought one of the intel dual core processors and he hates it.

Last edited:

admael

Reaction score

45C is kinda toasty for 2.8GHz
My 6400+ @ only hits 41C @ 3.5GHz (250x14) on load.

One of the reasons, my guess, is that Intel runs cooler than AMD because of the difference in architecture, with a 45nm die, that's a lot of room for surface cooling verses AMD's 90nm die (dual cores).

URAMetroid

Reaction score

Currently I'm running a rather old P4 2.2Ghz (was 1.7GHz a few months ago), I've been very happy with its performance and stability so far, but for my next build, I'm leaning towards AMD for cost.

chewett

Reaction score
i would like to try amd and probably will later when i built two pc's and look at their speeds and such.

but i am running an intel at the moment

kkenny

Reaction score

Anyways I only buy the CPUs that I know someone has used and they had a good experience using them. I'm very... paranoid in buying new any computer parts that I've never heard of my friend's using. Cause I mean if I buy it and it sucks, then I can't return it that's just... annoying.

For me
AMD => Great Cost for a decent CPU
Intel => More Bang for a lot of bucks

Last edited by a moderator:

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score

I have three computers and all of the use AMD processors, I've never had any problems with them and they all perform really well. I have never used Intel processors so I can't really comment on how they compare.

Last edited:

gagan

Reaction score
At the moment, Intel Core 2 Duos and Quads are rocking all the way if .erformance is concerned.....But AMD prcocessors are cheap.

AMD was pawning Intel Pentium 4 a couple of years ago with their Athlon 64s but at the moment Intel is doing good.

Also, Intel processors are an overclocker's heaven......

AMD really need to come up with some Intel killer CPU.....

I've my eyes of the AMDs Fusion platform which is going to feature CPU & GPU on the same dye. It is considered the last hope of AMD to rock again if they don't develop an Intel killer processor.....

Anyways, ATI is doing good if graphic cards are concerned.

EDIT:
I'm an AMD fan, but if looking at the current scenario, Intel pawns AMD completely.....

If we talk about the History, AMD's Athlon 64 were totally pawning Intel's Pentium 4s like the way today Intel is pawning AMD.....

But I don't want Intel to have a complete monoply over the processor market. AMD should come up with some good processor that competes with Intel Quads. Anyways, AMD's Fusion platform (GPU & CPU on the same die) looks promising.

Last edited by a moderator:

Submariner

Reaction score
I have used both in single processor style and I perfer the Intel. I recently upgraded to an Intel quad core and truely enjoy the performance boost it provides.

James

zeroninja

Reaction score
I don't know why this is a questionable.

I've got AMD4000+ at the moment but according to all hardware reviews intel has rained supreme for a very long time.

I'm planning to get E8400 soon, the 45nm are amazing to overclock. I don't really trust how far Phenom is going to go.

like2program

Reaction score
Intel is the only way to go when you play games like Crysis.
It just preforms better because of it's quad cores.

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
About that, Crysis by default is designed to hog the CPU when doing things like Physics, but if you want to ease up the amount of CPU Crysis uses, there is some variable in the game config that will turn the CPU generated physics off, making the game run loads better when you've got a lot of things going on. I found a tip for that on YouTube.