Intel or AMD

• Intel

Votes: 26 66.7%
  • AMD

Votes: 13 33.3%

• Total voters
D

dWhite

Which processor do you prefer? Personally, I like the Intel series, as I have a Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme X9000 2.8GHz. I have never tried AMD, and probably never will.

zapperpost

Reaction score
AMD is generally cheaper than Intel, but many people are die-hard Intel fans.

Hauzer

Reaction score
All my computers have Intel(R) except a very old one which had AMD Athlon.

I Currently have;
Intel(R) Celeron(R) 2.40GHz - Desktop
Intel(R) Pentium III 700MHz - Laptop
Intel(R) Celeron(R) 1.70GHz - Desktop 2

The computer with AMD broke down a long time ago, which I purchased for £500 ($1000). The specs. was the best anyone could get back in those times.

It had 128MB RAM. Usualy people back then would of had 32MB average and few would of had 64MB rarely. It had AMD Athlon, I can't really remeber its speed. It broke in late 2005's.

I couldn't really tell a difference between the Intel(R) I use today, and the AMD I used before. Only that AMD was much slower and lagged alot when I ran YouTube Videos.

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Intel of course! More RAW power and their Quad cores are nice.

koyut

Reaction score
I am a AMD fan but I have an Intel Core 2 Duo processor. Until AMD comes up with a chip that competes with Core 2 technology I'll have to stay with Intel.

tittat

Reaction score
I prefer Intel,Even though AMD is cheaper.I have no specific reasons,but i love Intel.

Last edited:

megaman4278

Reaction score
AMD is cheaper in terms of costs, and generally their processors have the same computing power as those of Intel's. IMO, AMD chips are more often used for gaming, while Intel's models are more for those who do computer work. :biggrin:

I use Intel, ever since my first PC (It was a Pentium I model. Who knew? ;)) and personally never got any real experience using an AMD PC except on internet cafes, but AMD seems to be the more affordable choice. :biggrin:

BTW I'm currently running on an Intel E2140 Dual Core Processor. ;)

alhob

Reaction score
intel
i have cpu intel
and laptop intel
and anothr laptop intel

spc-engineers

Reaction score
AMD is so much smaller that Intel is just squashing them. AMD is a much better company. Remember that they had 64 bit first.

cybergig

Reaction score
I use an intel duo core but I'm voting for AMD because I hear AMD runs better with games than intel. I like both intel and amd but I cannot choose one over the other because each has it own use and like somebody else said... the price factor differs.

wolf693

Reaction score
It really doesn't matter to me which one I use. All of my computers have Intel CPU's but I have heard some great reviews of some AMD CPU's and when I buy another computer, it won't really matter to me as long as I have enough processing power!

kyuusei

Reaction score
Intel/AMD, AMD/Intel

It's a war that goes back and forth. It's a cycle. Intel dominated until AMD released the Athlon XP which brought AMD the crown. The Athlon 64 stomped on Intel's P4 much like Intel is stomping on AMD with it's Core 2.

That said, I'm running AMD. Why?

I don't like changing motherboards/chipsets every time Intel decides it's a bright idea to update a CPU and only make it run on a brand new chipset.

TPI007

Reaction score
i have AMD cause my stupid friend talked me into it. But I'd go for Intel if I were to upgrade to my next system.

CuteKate400

Reaction score
Intel or AMD

Hey I was just wondering what the difference between Interl and AMD is?
What's Intel best to use for and what's AMD best to use for?
Why? Which would you recommend and for what reason?

tittat

Reaction score
Re: Intel or AMD

The Intel chip does run cooler than the AMD chip. The cooler a chip runs, the more likely it is to last.
But AMD is cheaper than intel.
In performance basis both are closer.
But for me intel rocks.

allinone

Reaction score

if u r in cold place then go for amd coz it saves money gives same performance as of intel but if u r having high temp in ur locations then prefer intel

Hauzer

Reaction score

AMD actualy cools much better and smoother. The performance is pretty much equal depending on what AMD you purchase aswell as CPU speed.

Intel is a whole lot better when it comes to performace. Their new Dual-Core, Quad-Core, Xeon and such like that are off the charts. I'd recommend Intel for gaming.