Internal Server Error (500 error) for Anchor CMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

educat28

Reaction score
Hi,

I installed a way way better and very lightweight CMS compared to WordPress called Anchor CMS. I don't get it why this very lightweight CMS's installer couldn't be run but you allowed running WordPress. I don't get it. I believe WordPress consumes much more computer resources compared to Anchor CMS.

As far as my knowledge is concerned, you give us 500 error when our website consumes resources more than what has been allocated since I'm using the free hosting plan.

Please enlighten me on this one.

educat28

Reaction score
I had three identical threads because there's no way for me to know if my thread has been successfully posted so I kept on clicking the create thread button. You should, at least, make the page reload or redirect to the thread post page instead of the editor platform to let us know, users, that our thread has already been posted.

And you should include a button to delete threads we created. Something as basic as Delete button is nowhere to be found in thread creation platform. I couldn't say anything more...

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

Please provide me with a link to your Anchor CMS installation, and I can check this for you.

As far as my knowledge is concerned, you give us 500 error when our website consumes resources more than what has been allocated since I'm using the free hosting plan.
No, that isn't correct. If you hit any form of resource limits, you will see either a 508 or a 429 error code. A 500 Internal Server Error indicates that the software you are using has not been configured properly (e.g. there could be a mistake in the .htaccess file).

educat28

Reaction score
Hi,

Please provide me with a link to your Anchor CMS installation, and I can check this for you.

No, that isn't correct. If you hit any form of resource limits, you will see either a 508 or a 429 error code. A 500 Internal Server Error indicates that the software you are using has not been configured properly (e.g. there could be a mistake in the .htaccess file).

I have installed WordPress instead. But, I would like to use Anchor CMS :-( The installation is pretty much the same with wordpress where the website files are uploaded to public html directory. Then the domain is visited to start the installation where database will be setup. I installed everything correctly but when the 'Run the installer' button is click, I'm redirected to 500 internal server error. I followed the installation here: https://coderwall.com/p/vx4mqg/anchor-cms-installation-walkthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.