Internal Server Error, can't display my web site - help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

We recently made some changes to the options we allow in .htaccess files. The file /public_html/weather/.htaccess has the "All" option set, which has recently been disallowed. Please edit this file, and remove the "All" option. You can edit this file from your cPanel File Manager, or through FTP.

For more information, please see:
https://x10hosting.com/community/th...d-options-supported-in-htaccess-files.197677/

Thank you,

weatherinyate

Reaction score
Hi,

We recently made some changes to the options we allow in .htaccess files. The file /public_html/weather/.htaccess has the "All" option set, which has recently been disallowed. Please edit this file, and remove the "All" option. You can edit this file from your cPanel File Manager, or through FTP.

For more information, please see:
https://x10hosting.com/community/th...d-options-supported-in-htaccess-files.197677/

Thank you,

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm in cPanel and am looking at /public_html/weather/.htaccess but I don't see any "all" option or a way to bring up any option? Can you hand-hold me through the process please?

If I right click I can change permissions, is that it?:

File(s):
/public_html/.htaccess
Mode User Group World
Read
Write
Execute
Permission

marxel

Reaction score
I think he means that you have to edit the actual .htaccess file. have you tried opening it in Right click -> Code Edit?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
There will be a line in the .htaccess file somewhere that says this:
Code:
Options All

That's no longer allowed. Depending on your software/scripts, you may need to enable one or both of Multiviews and FollowSymLinks, so if your site doesn't work properly, you may need to add them to your file.

weatherinyate

Reaction score
There will be a line in the .htaccess file somewhere that says this:
Code:
Options All

That's no longer allowed. Depending on your software/scripts, you may need to enable one or both of Multiviews and FollowSymLinks, so if your site doesn't work properly, you may need to add them to your file.

If I right click and select edit file this is what I get:

Code Editor
Back up the original file before converting character sets, since this action can produce unexpected results.

You will be editing:
/public_html/.htaccess

If encodings are not important to you because you will only be working with English or other Western languages, you can disable this dialog by clicking here:Disable Encoding Check

Please select the character encoding to use when opening this file:(auto-detect)

weatherinyate

Reaction score
If I right click and select edit file this is what I get:

Code Editor
Back up the original file before converting character sets, since this action can produce unexpected results.

You will be editing:
/public_html/.htaccess

If encodings are not important to you because you will only be working with English or other Western languages, you can disable this dialog by clicking here:Disable Encoding Check

Please select the character encoding to use when opening this file:(auto-detect)

Looking further I can get into editing the file and see the following:

IndexIgnore .htaccess */.??* *~ *# */HEADER* */README* */_vti*

<Limit GET POST>
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from all
</Limit>
<Limit PUT DELETE>
order deny,allow
deny from all
</Limit>
AuthName weatherinyate.x10host.com

Do I delete all or some of the words "all"?

weatherinyate

Reaction score
Further up the tree I can see this:

1. Options All -Indexes

What do I do with this? Delete the word "all"?

weatherinyate

Reaction score
OK it's fixed now! I read some ones previous post where htaccess was renamed to htaccess_old

Status
Not open for further replies.