Internal Server Error on X02

Status
Not open for further replies.

nishan

Prime Account
Reaction score
are you guys doing any maintenance work on the X02 server ? Little while ago it said unable to connect. But now its throwing out the following message

regards

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator at no-reply@x10hosting.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Hi Nishan,

The HTTP 500 error appears to be due to this:

[Thu Oct 16 01:22:59.284874 2014] [core:alert] [pid 955166:tid 139686236325632] [client 198.91.81.4:42026] /home/nishan/.htaccess: RedirectMatch takes two or three arguments, an optional status, then a regular expression and destination URL

We made a change to the HTTP server from LiteSpeed to Apache 2.4, and unfortunately this had the side effect of no longer hiding syntax errors in .htaccess files. I've commented out the two lines in your ~/public_html/.htaccess file until you're able to look into it further.

nishan

Prime Account
Reaction score
thanks for quick fix Bryon. But even with those lines commented I still get the same error. I have some .htaccess 301 redirects on almost all 1st level subfolders too which might have the issue but it should not impact loading home page.

Can you please check and update me
regards

nishan

Prime Account
Reaction score
cant figure out what the issue all i have on the file is this
RewriteEngine on
<Files .htaccess>
order allow,deny
deny from all
</Files>

update : even a subdomain which I had created gives the same error. I have not touched the default htaccess file here. So I have a strong feeling that this is not related to .htaccess file

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
You had a .htaccess file in the root of your account which contained malformatted code. I've removed it.

.htaccess files are not cached by Varnish, nor do you need to use that directive to block access-they're blocked by defautl.

nishan

Prime Account
Reaction score
dear leafypiggy
Website okay and working. I will need to troubleshoot my own .htaccess files since subfolder level 301s are not working.
Thank you very much

Status
Not open for further replies.