Internal Server Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdmphoenix

Reaction score
Been working on my website for some time now, before i buy a domain i'm just trying to get everything ready how i like it, and minimize all the errors.

I'm using WordPress, and when i would go to change my password cause i forgot it :lol:, it sent it to me and i went to go change it.

I type it in the "Change password", click on submit and i get this error:
Code:
[B]Internal Server Error[/B]

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
 Please contact the server administrator,  support@x10hosting.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
 More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
 Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I went to my Error log in Cpanle and this is what it shows:
Code:
[Sun Jan 10 11:53:57 2010] [error] [client 67.184.237.112] File does not exist: /home/esf/public_html/500.shtml, referer: http://jdmphoenix.x10hosting.com/wp/wp-admin/profile.php

and noticed that keeps poping up when ever i try to change my password..I'm nervous that it would also be doing it for other things, and would love to not have this so other members to have this issue.

I looked in my file manager, and 'Profile.php' does show up, i tried chaning the permissions from 755? to 777 and i still get the same issue..

Please help

<3

Last edited:

adrenlinerush

Reaction score
should only require 755 permissions on it... remember the path is relative with the domain name most likely being the public_html folder(could be different if you have an addon domain)...

looks like its just failing to find the custom error page not anything on your site...

you're probably getting the error due to some sort of sql configuration problem... if its reading from the database fine check for writing permissions of the user you're connecting with...

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Do you have a .htaccess file? If you do, try to remove it (back it up first)

papichulo_carioco

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I see your page worpress perfectly. Try clearing your cookies and / or clear the cache. Also do cache flush. Greetings ;)

Last edited:

jdmphoenix

Reaction score
I see your page worpress perfectly. Try clearing your cookies and / or clear the cache. Also do cache flush. Greetings ;)

It works fine..I can see it, Its just when i enter in to change passwords, and prolly other stuff that needs imput.

I don't think a fresh install would help right?

edit- plus i just did a format on my computer.

Last edited:

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It works fine..I can see it, Its just when i enter in to change passwords, and prolly other stuff that needs imput.

I don't think a fresh install would help right?

edit- plus i just did a format on my computer.

Actually, a fresh install may help. If you're going to do that, be sure to backup your existing data.

jdmphoenix

Reaction score
Actually, a fresh install may help. If you're going to do that, be sure to backup your existing data.

I'll give it a shot, lets hope it all works out!
Edit:
:shrugs: looks like it worked..

Last edited:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I'll give it a shot, lets hope it all works out!
Edit:
:shrugs: looks like it worked..

Hi jdmphoenix,

Now that your initial problem has been fixed, and you seem to be content with the results, I am going to close this ticket to mark it as resolved. Feel free to create a new ticket if you need more help or have any additional questions.

- Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.