Is adsense a good thing for all sites

sajeeb

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering that is adsense a good thing for small websites? I think adsense is just a scrap for small websites. Adsense is all about traffic and small websites don't get any quality traffic. Adsense seems to work only for adword users. There are many web "Gurus" who won't tell you the secret of traffic. We are just getting that thrown pie from them. Adsense doesn't give much money for small websites. How can you dream of earning thousands of dollars just by getting 1 cent!!!!

It seems that small websites are just there to dream of earning not getting. In real life Adsense is just another scam and it won't work.

Can you think or know anything good source of earning for small websites.

Alice_Hoyden

Reaction score
Well, if your website has good content, it will eventually get good traffic.

It really depends on what your website provides to the public: information, e-commerce, free scripts, etc.

Reaction score
How is it another "scam"?

You obviously don't get the idea behind PTC ad networks. You can't (well, you can but a lot of planning/good content/traffic is needed) start earning hundreds or thousands over night, it all has to be built up over time.

You're obviously lacking patience - which is extremely important in this kind of thing. What you may find though is that for your website Adsense is CRAP compared to another PTC programme such as Chitika (Chitika).
There's lot's of different ones out there - Clicksor. I've not actually looked into it all for a while and I know I had accounts all over the place. Can't think of the others off the top of my head at the moment but try looking at Digital Point for some other places. Amazon do one.

Hoobrum

Reaction score
no it's not good for small sites. I mean you can use it but if you don't have the traffic you won't really ever reach payout. Try out http://www.adbrite.com

they're pretty good

lair360

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering that is adsense a good thing for small websites? I think adsense is just a scrap for small websites. Adsense is all about traffic and small websites don't get any quality traffic. Adsense seems to work only for adword users. There are many web "Gurus" who won't tell you the secret of traffic. We are just getting that thrown pie from them. Adsense doesn't give much money for small websites. How can you dream of earning thousands of dollars just by getting 1 cent!!!!

It seems that small websites are just there to dream of earning not getting. In real life Adsense is just another scam and it won't work.

Can you think or know anything good source of earning for small websites.

Thanks for doing your research!
But, here is a quick note....

Google is earning like a fountain! They get 99.9% money and you get 1%...if you're lucky...

dbojan

Reaction score
It doesn't matter what service you use for earning money. Only sites with big traffic earn money, so if you have small site like all people here don't expect to earn lot of money. But you need to work hard and your earnings will grow.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You definitely don't understand the concept of advertising.

How can you expect to be payed for ads when you have less then (for example) 100 visitor per day :nuts: If you decide to advertise your products would you pay a great deal of money to advertise on 100-visitors-per-day site? I don't think so. Advertising is all about how many people saw it. It's a simple concept. More visitors (viewers) = more money. For example, just compare how much CNN and some local TV station charge for ads.

haslam1

Reaction score
adsense is good i know a freind who earns £150 a year but he has really good traffic
tryit even if you have rubbish i dosnt cost you anything so all to gain and nothing to loss

kruns11

Reaction score
you ever been to newgrounds.com? theres a site that makes good.... really good cash revenue from ads.

sfifabian

Reaction score
you better sell your own banner spots, it will give you much more money :)

sivraj

Reaction score
adsense is good at the same time try adbrite its giving money for your website traffic

Clinton

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback. I've actually been wondering about adsense myself. I may look into it now.

f1lt3rh34d

Reaction score
my adsense account was blocked.....

Something which was weird, I had about 10,000 page views and 25,500 clicks in 10 days,
-> 2xx$.

I think the 25xxx clicks were bugged, because it was on 1 day, or some funny guy wanted my account to get blocked? I dunno! I also had no money from the clicks and now I didn't get anything and my account is blocked and this was the only mail / reason I was sent.

Code:
Hello,

While going through our records recently, we found that your AdSense
account has posed a significant risk to our AdWords advertisers. Since
keeping your account in our publisher network may financially damage our
advertisers in the future, we've decided to disable your account.

Please understand that we consider this a necessary step to protect the
interests of both our advertisers and our other AdSense publishers. We
realize the inconvenience this may cause you, and we thank you in advance
for your understanding and cooperation.

Last edited:

kuarkon

Reaction score
My account was blocked to but i really don`t know why, i have <1% clicks and i don`t know why they blocked me, they didn`t even send me a reason or a mail.
Now i have a google account on my mothers name but is not that good because i have to take my mother every time to get my money from the bank ;))

f1lt3rh34d

Reaction score
My account was blocked to but i really don`t know why, i have <1% clicks and i don`t know why they blocked me, they didn`t even send me a reason or a mail.
Now i have a google account on my mothers name but is not that good because i have to take my mother every time to get my money from the bank ;))

Yeah, and now they don't want to activate my new account >.>.
Because it's been a half month and it's still not activated.

zen-r

Reaction score
Did Google pay you any money for the period prior to the point at which they claim that your site had fraudulent clicks?

And can Google provide proof, IP addresses etc to back up their claim? Otherwise there's nothing to stop Google doing this to anyone as soon as they owe them a bit of money. Are Google the real scammers here?

pcoates

Reaction score
Here are the things that I have seen with AdSence. Minimal sites, personal blogs, small forums or group sites, sub-domain or free host sites, all get little to no AdSence Income. Here's why;

• Google take 2+months to pay on any AdSence moneys made, and even then, only a few pennies isn't enough to get over their minimum payment requirement.
  • Google can, at their sole discretion, discount your traffic volume. They can make up your numbers and pay you only on what they say you performed, WITHOUT PROOF.
  • Google can, at their sole discretion, decide that you have used BLACK HAT marketing such as spam, click multipliers, auto surfers, or other forms of less than reputable advertising, and withhold payment for fraud, WITHOUT PROOF.
  • Google gets such a high percentage of Click Frauds, Spammers, Nigerian 419ers, etc. that they DON'T catch or cancel, that they absolutely refuse to discuss any account accused of using black hat techniques.
  • Google can cancel your account without warning if you simply have any non-google ads or paid links on your site. Even if it's from spam in your visitors comments areas.

There are other money making sites out there with much better reputations such as AdBright and others. These advertisers may not have the number of advertisers as Google, but they service all of their accounts better. Unfortunately they almost all use the same CPC model as Google and suffer from the same click-fraud and black hat problems.

Two companies have started recently with a different model. CPT or Cost Per Time. This is a very simple setup, the advertiser pays for the amount of time that their ad is displayed on your site. That's it, clicks don't count, page views don't count. Sure, clicks and page views of your site are displayed to the advertiser, but this is simply to allow the advertiser to decide the value of their time with your site.

ProjectWonderful.com and BuySellAds.com both use this model. Check them out.