Is iPod touch 4 worth it?

supercoolsteve46033

Reaction score
I was thinking about it and was wondering what everyone else thinks. And also, does the new apple tv need to be jailbroken to run apps?

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
No. Buy an iPhone.

argh. Silly people asking silly questions.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
It's a TV ffs! Why would you need apps?!

~Callum

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
I would say this latest iteration of the iPod Touch is the most worthy for purchase since the 1st generation was released. The 2nd generation failed to really bring anything radically new to the design nor feature sets of the iPod and the 3rd Generation was even more disappointing. However, with the plethora of new features that we are now seeing in the new iPod touch I would say that is the first one that is actually tempting me to upgrade from my faithful first gen. I guess you could see this as a cumulative upgrade that brings everything that was missing from the 2nd and 3rd generations, plus a few features inherited from the iPhone 4.

As for the Apple TV, it is really not known what it is capable of yet as very few people have had very little time to have a dig in at how it is pragmatically built and what it can essentially do. However, I would have a gamble that we won't be seeing iOS apps running on it unless Apple enables that themselves.

krofunk

Reaction score
I would say this is the first iPod to truly be an iPhone - the phone..if you don't already have an iPhone I would say go for it.

wongers

Reaction score
no point with the itouches anymore, iPhones are what you want!!

i have iPhone, it pwns!!

Last edited:

tim-c

Reaction score
My friend just got a the new iPod Touch, and from my time using it I can say that it is a great piece of technology and well worth the money - The Retina display is beautiful and script, and probably the best feature of the new iPod.

Don't forget to consider; however, the size of your music collection. If it's over 50GB or so you'll want to go for an iPod classic for your music, as you won't be left with much room for photos, videos and apps.

bigcaseydog67

Reaction score
I would say that if you still have a first gen and don't want to have the whole 3-G phone plan, upgrade so you can get the new features. I think that this is really the first one worthy of an upgrade ever since first gen. Otherwise, if you think you'll be using the 3-G, just get an iPhone, same features, though you'll be able to use 3-G (with a monthly charge, of course).

Reaction score
I would say that if you still have a first gen and don't want to have the whole 3-G phone plan, upgrade so you can get the new features. I think that this is really the first one worthy of an upgrade ever since first gen. Otherwise, if you think you'll be using the 3-G, just get an iPhone, same features, though you'll be able to use 3-G (with a monthly charge, of course).

I also think so! Happy for u all!

fonrra

Reaction score
It's little pricey, if you have so much spare money and you are willing to have a very expensive gadget, go for it.