Is it possible to change servers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ut3mods

Reaction score
My Webpage is currently hosted in Stoli and without trying to sound like I'm complaining, its a free service after all, I noticed the Stoli is down ALOT more then all other servers. So I just wanna know if it's possible to switch servers.

Chris Z

Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure with the answer to your question, but I'm about 99% sure that you cannot just change servers if you're a free hosting user. If you were able to do this, then everyone else would want to do it too, so it wouldn't really solve any issues. However, if you'd like 99.9% uptime, you could switch to Paid Hosting starting at less than $6/month here at x10. View the plans here.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I opened a ticket and asked a couple of times, but everyone told me the same thing "We do not transfer accounts between servers." like Chris Z said-if you want more uptime, switch to paid hosting. I am on absolut, and it can go down quite a lot-usually at the same time funnily enough. lol. Good luck.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
From all the other server users' complaints, I actually think Stoli isn't the worst right now :p

trentc

Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure with the answer to your question, but I'm about 99% sure that you cannot just change servers if you're a free hosting user. If you were able to do this, then everyone else would want to do it too, so it wouldn't really solve any issues. However, if you'd like 99.9% uptime, you could switch to Paid Hosting starting at less than $6/month here at x10. View the plans here.

Isn't that type of mentality counter productive of the objective of a business?

Wouldn't you want someone to be happy with a service? If the service is not functioning correctly the first time and later they want to expand their service to give them more capacity to handle their needs, do you really think they will want to pay anything if all they remember are headaches coming from the service?

This very same situation happened to me recently. For years I would occasionally use a free service. It was their hopes that people would upgrade to something better. Their free service was nothing but a headache, and I saw a lot of people saying the same bad things about them. No way was I going to pay for a service when the current one I was using was down half the time. There came a point where I had stopped using it and moved on and forgotten totally about it. Is that what you want?

Anyway, a few months ago I had gotten an email from them claiming "new and improved service." I checked their claims and and sure enough it was a vast improvement. I was so impressed I did go ahead and purchase their paid service and still happy with it.

DemonicDemon

Reaction score
What you can do is Do a complete backup on your site and then when you go to your new server just upload the backup files thats in the zip into directory with firezilla FTP that will be the quickest and easyest way

Reaction score
Isn't that type of mentality counter productive of the objective of a business?

Wouldn't you want someone to be happy with a service? If the service is not functioning correctly the first time and later they want to expand their service to give them more capacity to handle their needs, do you really think they will want to pay anything if all they remember are headaches coming from the service?

This very same situation happened to me recently. For years I would occasionally use a free service. It was their hopes that people would upgrade to something better. Their free service was nothing but a headache, and I saw a lot of people saying the same bad things about them. No way was I going to pay for a service when the current one I was using was down half the time. There came a point where I had stopped using it and moved on and forgotten totally about it. Is that what you want?

Anyway, a few months ago I had gotten an email from them claiming "new and improved service." I checked their claims and and sure enough it was a vast improvement. I was so impressed I did go ahead and purchase their paid service and still happy with it.

Agree with some points of your posts but not all.

In reply to the original thread starter, firstly, are you expecting an admin to reply to you here?

Quite possibly if you asked via making a support ticket (link can be found on the right hand side called "Support"), depending on what sort of mood admins/account managers are in they may well grant you your wish. I'm not saying they will, but all they can do is say no.

With all the server troubles we've had it seems to have improved more lately, but by no means up 100%.

pythondev

Reaction score
Agree with some points of your posts but not all.

In reply to the original thread starter, firstly, are you expecting an admin to reply to you here?
Anywhere would be nice

Quite possibly if you asked via making a support ticket (link can be found on the right hand side called "Support"), depending on what sort of mood admins/account managers are in they may well grant you your wish. I'm not saying they will, but all they can do is say no.
Tried that.. no reply in 2 weeks on 1 ticket, and 4 days on the other :dunno:

With all the server troubles we've had it seems to have improved more lately, but by no means up 100%.
I know about troubles on the servers, stoli and chopin now....
my zend encoded scripts no longer parse....

Reaction score
Well, you've pretty much got your answer here.

Nothing anyone else can do for you in this section because admins won't reply here due to this section being for member-to-member help where possible.

Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.