Is it possible to see if cron jobs are working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarzan

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm wondering if it's possible to see if the cron job deamon is working as it should?
I suspect that cron jobs stopped working for me on Starka three days ago, but I haven't seen any one else with this problem. If I knew that the cron deamon was working I would surely put more effort into debugging. Or if it didn't, I would just wait for it to be fixed.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Code:
/usr/bin/php /home/XXXXX/public_html/crontest.php >> /home/solomon/public_html/cronlog.txt 2>&1

as a cron command line will put all output, including system errors, into cronlog.txt

If crontest.php doesn't exist, that will show up in the log too. If the cron daemon is running.

I just tested. Apparently it isn't running on chopin (the one I can test).

EDIT/ADD:

Apparently they just restarted the daemons. Chopin crons are working now.

Last edited:

Tarzan

Reaction score
It seems like my cron jobs started working too. Thanks (to whoever fixed it).

I mean, there is no way to distinguish between an error in the entered cron command and if the cron deamon isn't running?
So if I have a working cron job that suddenly stops working, the best thing is to post a thread about it? (As long as I don't find any other information about it.)

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
If you didn't change anything between the point it worked and when it stopped working, it'd be more likely to be a server side problem then a command problem.

If you made any changes, try to retrace the steps and undo the changes first.

Tarzan

Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the replies.

Since cron jobs are back in business I close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.