Is joomla suitable for a blog Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:36 pm

abhijitvalluri

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new to joomla. I have a blog of my own that's hosted on a server and I use wordpress for it.
I saw a nice site (to be specific, yootheme.com) that was offering a lot of cool themes for joomla. Of late, I've been tired of the boring themes for wordpress, and also using it makes the site look too plain and is very limited with features.

I've worked on building a couple of websites using joomla, and I realized that we can make a website look really good and like how a website should really be using joomla. But the problem is that there are too many features to joomla that it might be a headache for a single guy to set it up. Also, I feel that it might be an overkill to use joomla for just a blog.

So, I've been wondering if people here used joomla to run a blog and if they think that this is a great idea

P.S.
I also wanted to know if there are free non-commercial alternatives to certain modules I found at yootheme.com
1) Yooslider
2) Yoodrawer
--------------
That's all

Thanks

Last edited:

tittat

Reaction score
*****Thread Moved to Scripts and Third Party Apps*****

kkenny

Reaction score
Joomla isn't made to be a blog, but it can be one if you like it to be. (It just requires somewhat a lot of modification to be just a blog)

varunrai

Reaction score
well i tink joomla can be used as a blog.. a small example is my website.. i made it kinda a blog but nt exactly.. u can get da link frm my signature.. i tink Joomla wud do well as u can install many extension / modules.. which can facilitate rich UI features..

Last edited: