Is my website fit those ToS? + file larger than 10mb question..

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalmirageD88

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Calmirage. It's maybe sounds too late, but I need to make sure that ToS are fit for my website or not..

So, I had plan to make a website (blog) in this webhost. This website will contains anything about music (fan-made ones), and subbed cartoons.
I will put some links to download those contents in my website (They already accept me to mirror those files.), and I plan to mirror those files in my website's FTP.

Yes, that's all. So, the questions is..
1. Is my website fit those Terms of Service?
2. Files bigger than 10MB will deleted after 4 hours since the file was created, is that rule applied to FTP as well? if yes, that's sucks. really D:
2+. If no, so I need to place files bigger than 10MB in public_ftp?

Before I continue develop my website offline, I need to know these things first.
So, I need yours answer guys :)

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
2. Files bigger than 10MB will deleted after 4 hours since the file was created, is that rule applied to FTP as well? if yes, that's sucks. really D: 2+. If no, so I need to place files bigger than 10MB in public_ftp?
x10hosting now deletes files 10 MiB (or larger) in size - that have been on the server (in any folder) for more than about 4 hours - from non-upgraded free-hosting accounts

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
That allows people to upload and extract site backups, and not for short term file hosting...

Anyway: "Hosting accounts may not be used to store ... non-web accessible files." - you might get tripped up by this,, and if the files are web accessible, then maybe by the 'file hosting' section.

Choices would be to use a file hosting service, maybe dropbox, onedrive, google drive, etc., or upgrade to premium hosting from $3.95/mo at x10Premium.com. With the latter, you'll have a better hosting 'experience' anyway as there are fewer users per server, and combined with everyone on the premium hosting servers being paying customers, no server crippling abuse.

CalmirageD88

Reaction score
Ahh.. I see.. :\ no long term big-file hosting, get it.
Then, I just provide those files to another file hosting service.

ANOTHER QUESTION!
But, anyway.. I saw "Personal galleries are limited to 500MB of disk space for images and videos." in those ToS once more. For make sure, is that means WordPress thumbnails are included? Any of my blog post will had images y'know =_="

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Images that are there to enhance the written content is usually not classified as a gallery.

A gallery would be where the images themselves are the central part of the content, such as if you'd make a site where you put your vacation photos for friends to view easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.