Is religion natural?

Wai_Wai

Banned
Reaction score
Kurther Reich said:
Think of it this way... If it had to be taught, then how did the first person "learn" it? It's put in us to be curious about our world, how did we get here, what are we here for, how was all of this made. I belive In God, as the creator. And more and more we learn, creationism is more suported. I know people will battle this, but just answer this, tell me something The Bible has been wrong in.
-Reich
Yes, according to bible, it is God who creates everything for us. :p

BYOBForums

Reaction score
Wai_Wai said:
I believe that the whole Bible and the whole network of religion was concocted to prey on our vulnerability. One of my great failings in life is that I cannot come to a decision on Religion. I have a strong case for believing it, as I have a strong case for rubbishing it completely. I don't understand how people can blindly follow an organisation that they have no proof of, where I can also question myself for not using the mind that *something or someone* gave me, and make a judgment.

Religion is not about proof nor truth; it is about belief and trust.
Logic is no place in religion!!

Simply believe it. That's it! Don't question or argue it. If you do so, it is already a sin. It is an insult towards the mighty God/Jesus. Do you realise you have already done something very wrong?

People's wisdom is limited; God/Jesus wisdom is unlimited. God/Jesus is human creator, so they know everything, including things you don't know. So if you make judgement based on limited knowledge or data to challenge God/Jesus, you must fail eventually.

And you can quit that thanks sir. I am stating an opinion. You have no right whatsoever to challenge it, saying I shall go to Hell if I carry on being confused about it. I would like it if you stopped telling me what to do, because you are no better than me. You are also... no more wiser than me. You have no concrete proof. I am not 'judging' anyone, because I HAVE NO PROOF. I am one of those people that has a "seeing is believing" outlook. If I am ever graced by the presence of a higher being I will be sure, and will likely convert. I am more curious than anyone about this, so leave me to do that.

Note: You can stop triple-posting too... Thanks.

Wai_Wai

Banned
Reaction score
BYOBForums said:
And you can quit that thanks sir. I am stating an opinion. You have no right whatsoever to challenge it, saying I shall go to Hell if I carry on being confused about it. I would like it if you stopped telling me what to do, because you are no better than me. You are also... no more wiser than me. You have no concrete proof. I am not 'judging' anyone, because I HAVE NO PROOF. I am one of those people that has a "seeing is believing" outlook. If I am ever graced by the presence of a higher being I will be sure, and will likely convert. I am more curious than anyone about this, so leave me to do that.

Note: You can stop triple-posting too... Thanks.
Don't be angry.
This post in not intented to be personal or critical.
Since you mention why people seems to blindly follow an organisation, this is why the post exists.

Religion is a belief. It doesn't need to have solid or scientific proofs.
Challanging or falsifying God/Jesus is a sin. A religion believer should never do so. Absolute trusts are what they need. That's why they blindly follow an organisation.

Wai_Wai

Banned
Reaction score
By the way, simply believing is no hurt. You will not lose anything in any means. So why not believe in God/Jesus?

benryip

Reaction score
Ever wonder why you feel lonely sometimes? How you sometimes crave for a bit of attention?

And those kids that are angry, depressed, they all trace their feelings of hate back to loneliness, to having been ignored.

Our minds aren't fit to be alone, people go crazy when they're alone. We just weren't made to have to deal with life with no one around us. I think that craving for someone, or something, is something wired into our souls. That's why people search for life in space, that's why people need friends, that's why people "make religion" and "teach religion."

For me, I believe that we have this innate desire for something great because of someone who put it there for us to find Him. I'm Christian, and I believe that God wanted us to find him, so he wired us to want to need someone there beside us. Someone to take care of us.

benryip

Reaction score
Wai_Wai said:
Therefore don't ever think of using our stupidity to challenge or question God/Jesus.

Try to understand God/Jesus, but *never* challenge/question/criticise the mighty God/Jesus, or do anything which negate God/Jesus

If you (keep) do(ing) so, God/Jesus will *never* forgive you when you are dead. You will go to hell *eventually*, and you will be in a very dead end.

As I stated earlier, I'm christian, and I didn't see this post earlier.

If we had a God, he'd probably be a very big and very smart and very powerful God. I mean, He is God... But to try and comprehend his being, his essence... he'd have to be a very small God to fit into our very small heads.

I'm sure you are allowed to question and to criticize God, because I think that's what he wants you to do as long as you GO TO HIM. He wants you to beat on his chest, He wants to take care of you.

He'll also forgive for anything. For a vast amount of anything (except for turning your back on Him, but free will, He can't do anything about it if you dont' want Him to). I think God is more like a really really awesome boyfriend (I'm a guy, but in a relationship with him, we are kind of like the archetypal girls), or a really incredible dad. He loves beyond all boundaries, even when it doesn't make sense.

Love does make people do crazy things, and we believe that Love exists. In the bible, it says God is Love, and God makes people do crazy things. Wouldn't it make sense that the creator of the universe, the greatest thing imaginable, would be capable of love beyond the capacity of humans?

Wai_Wai

Banned
Reaction score
I'm sure you are allowed to question and to criticize God, because I think that's what he wants you to do as long as you GO TO HIM. He wants you to beat on his chest, He wants to take care of you.

Yes except challenging (the existence of) God for sure reasons.
We can ask if we don't understand, but you should *never* challenge the authority of God/Jesus.

He'll also forgive for anything.

Yes anything except not believing in God/Jesus. You will be punished *forever* when you are dead. Your life will be miserable after all.

For a vast amount of anything (except for turning your back on Him, but free will, He can't do anything about it if you dont' want Him to). I think God is more like a really really awesome boyfriend (I'm a guy, but in a relationship with him, we are kind of like the archetypal girls), or a really incredible dad. He loves beyond all boundaries, even when it doesn't make sense.

I don't think He is a boyfriend or dad. Rather He is the king/creator of humans.
He controls our mind, view and souls. It is not a normal boyfriend and dad can do.
If we betray God/Jesus, we are not going to have good fates when we die.

Wai_Wai

Banned
Reaction score
If we had a God, he'd probably be a very big and very smart and very powerful God. I mean, He is God... But to try and comprehend his being, his essence... he'd have to be a very small God to fit into our very small heads.

Yes, you are very right.
According to Bible, the wisdom of God is umlimited while humans are very limited. Don't you remember God/Jesus is our creator? He MUST know us very well. Otherwise how can He creates us.

Unfortunately, many people (especially scientists and logicians) often challenge (the existence of) God/Jesus. It is *very* unwise as said previously according to Bible. What you are doing is merely equal to an attempt to use your fist to destroy the Earth. It is impossible!!

Although God/Jesus loves every human and is forgiveful, don't ever use this as an excuse to challenge or criticise God/Jesus. It is even silly to tihnk if God/Jesus loves every human. He will forgive you even if you don't believe in Him. Wrong definitely. God/Jesus will never love nor forgive these kinds of persons no matter how many good acts they did.

This is a sin that God/Jesus will *never* forgive. According to the mighty Bible, these people are going to be punished when they die. The punishment is to send them to hell, no matter how many good acts they did. And the punishment is *permanent*!!!

However God/Jesus is not mean and He will forgive you, but ONLY if you regret your wrongdoing. Believing in God/Jesus is the ONLY way towards heaven. Don't *ever* think of any workaround.

Believing in God/Jesus saves tons of troubles.
NOT believing in God/Jesus creates tons of torubles.
So why don't you believe in God/Jesus?

asianu

Reaction score
Religion isn't natural. Belief in God is. In the Bible, the apostles preached the good news, not religion. In Biblical times, there were no Catholics, Methodists, Baptists, or any denomination. All were believers of God. Religions began after the death of the apostles, when there weren't any of Christ's original elect to lead. I'm sure confusion and debate arose when new leaders tried to take the apostle's role and started to rely on their own understanding instead of following God.

Ever since our creation, we've been wondering what lies beyond. We were meant to help each other in answering that question, but in the end, we have to find that answer individually. All the apostles found God on their own, and sought to share what they've found.

Jer. 29:13: And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

So listen to what others have to share, what joy and peace they found in God, then go and find your own peace with him. In religion, people follow men. In true spirituality, people follow after God,
=====

People always wonder about those who've never heard of God or Christ. But God said He will have mercy upon whom He will have mercy. And for those who have put their faith upon Him should trust His fairness. If you are worried about that, then you aren't really that faithful, are you?

As for the "unforgivable sin," that sin is permanently rejecting Christ's word, which in fairness only deserves permanent punishment. The Pharisees, despite having seen Christ's miracles with their own eyes, still rejected him, even going so far as to calling him the Prince of devils.

It's a scary thought that there is a sin that can't be forgiven, and people worry that they've committed it. But their fear and remorse shows that they haven't committed that unforgivable, because they are repentant and willing to open up. So those who have refused Christ, but, by some miracle, have found Him to be true, they'll be forgiven.
===

But back on the question asked, I'll restate my answer. Religion isn't natural. No one is supposed to follow a religion. Instead, we have to search for God, which is perfectly natural.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Everyone has to have something to believe in, that is nature. Therefore belief is nature, but beliefing in one certain thing is taught. Like religion.

my 2 cents

benryip

Reaction score
Asianu = awesome.

As for God, I do believe he loves every human. His heart breaks everytime someone falls, His heart overflows with sadness everytime we mess up. If someone doesn't want to accept him, that's their choice. If they do not want God now, they will not have Him later.

They didn't want Him in the first place.

It's sad, knowing their are people that are searching for something, and are blinded to it all because of the way we act. We claim to, as Christians, hold the truth, yet we don't live it out.

As a Christian and Lover of God and Follower of Jesus, I want to apologize to anyone and everyone for the things my fellow brothers and sisters have done. Everyone messes up, and sometimes they do so in the "Name of God", but I assure you, that is not what is on God's heart. He loves you beyond imagination, beyond thought. I am sorry for any wrong and any hurt that has inflicted you in the "Name of God", and I pray that all of you will keep searching, until you no longer feel lonely. Until your heart is content.

Wai_Wai

Banned
Reaction score
It's a scary thought that there is a sin that can't be forgiven, and people worry that they've committed it. But their fear and remorse shows that they haven't committed that unforgivable, because they are repentant and willing to open up. So those who have refused Christ, but, by some miracle, have found Him to be true, they'll be forgiven.

I know people are taught God always forgives others. It's just generally true. This statement is just a generalization.

In your case that "those who have refused Christ, but, by some miracle, have found Him to be true, they'll be forgiven" is only true before their death. After their death, they will be sent to hell *permanently* without any mercy.

So you do need to believe in God/Jesus in time, or you will be doomed *permanently*. Simply saying God is forgivable will only hurt non-God believers, misleading them to the thought that it is ok not to believe in Him since He is gogin to forgive their sins anyway in future. In this regard, you are also committing sins!!

As christians, we do have responsibilities to warn others about the serious outcome of not believing in God/Jesus.

dsfreak

Reaction score
Akkarin said:
Well, you are taught good manners, you are taught how to speak, you are taught how to walk. Are those things not natural then?

I don't know about Religion, but it's part of belief and belief/believing is natural is it not?

Well, we can do all of those things naturally, but we need to learn how to do it. When you are born, you have no idea about god, religion, be it christian, muslim, jewish, etc. If you never in your life heard about god or religion, then you would never know religion existed, therefore, I think religion is something that we are taught, however, we decide what we think is correct over time.

Wai_Wai

Banned
Reaction score
dsfreak said:
Well, we can do all of those things naturally, but we need to learn how to do it. When you are born, you have no idea about god, religion, be it christian, muslim, jewish, etc. If you never in your life heard about god or religion, then you would never know religion existed, therefore, I think religion is something that we are taught, however, we decide what we think is correct over time.
Yes, agree.
That's why some native people living on an isolated island (it seems it is located far away form US) still don't know what God/Jesus is.

Skepter

Reaction score
If you want to hear my $0.02, here it is.

There should not be Religion. Religion was created for power. Religion was a dumb thing created by Man. Religion is a completely fake error exept for 1 belief aspect, and that is the belief that there is a creator/source. With all these sins ppl have thrown in, such as going to "hell" being damned for life and all that jazz, it totally makes no sense what so ever.
I know more about the next life than i do here. I have been able to astral project, and explore the 7 planes of existence. People who have died and who i have talked to, have told me again and again, that you go to a certain plane depending on ur feeling of self. You progress through these planes spiritually by self being, u need to grow. Praying works for them and they grow, because they hear this, sending them higher up the plane levels. At the last plane which i call the Celestial plane, is the closest you will get to Religious heaven, because u are without pain, worry and there is no aspect of time or distance.
Basically there is no satan, no hell, exept for the lowest plane, depends where ur at selfwise, and no sins. It is all basically levels of heaven, that u need to work through.
Another question people really want answered is if there is a God, and yes, there is. His name is Jesus Christ, originated, developed, and thrives in the Celestial plane. He has a Kingdom in a place named heaven in the celestial plane. He however claims of his father and his creations, and which is the true god, but he was god who came to the earth plane to show people that they can make it.
Trust me, without religion an countries, the world would live at peace.

Here is a picture of a spirit i have met in the Astral plane who sent an ITC reseacher it on his computer a few years back, and as u can see it shows the glory of the afterlife.
It was a girl who told me, that she is okay, and to tell george this.
pic_f_5_JdmHal.jpg

Wai_Wai

Banned
Reaction score
Skepter said:
If you want to hear my $0.02, here it is.

There should not be Religion. Religion was created for power. Religion was a dumb thing created by Man. Religion is a completely fake error exept for 1 belief aspect, and that is the belief that there is a creator/source. With all these sins ppl have thrown in, such as going to "hell" being damned for life and all that jazz, it totally makes no sense what so ever.
I know more about the next life than i do here. I have been able to astral project, and explore the 7 planes of existence. People who have died and who i have talked to, have told me again and again, that you go to a certain plane depending on ur feeling of self. You progress through these planes spiritually by self being, u need to grow. Praying works for them and they grow, because they hear this, sending them higher up the plane levels. At the last plane which i call the Celestial plane, is the closest you will get to Religious heaven, because u are without pain, worry and there is no aspect of time or distance.
Basically there is no satan, no hell, exept for the lowest plane, depends where ur at selfwise, and no sins. It is all basically levels of heaven, that u need to work through.
Another question people really want answered is if there is a God, and yes, there is. His name is Jesus Christ, originated, developed, and thrives in the Celestial plane. He has a Kingdom in a place named heaven in the celestial plane. He however claims of his father and his creations, and which is the true god, but he was god who came to the earth plane to show people that they can make it.
Trust me, without religion an countries, the world would live at peace.

Here is a picture of a spirit i have met in the Astral plane who sent an ITC reseacher it on his computer a few years back, and as u can see it shows the glory of the afterlife.
It was a girl who told me, that she is okay, and to tell george this.

Sorry, what are you talking about?
What are all these planes mean?

It seems you are talking about something which is more supernatural than "religion & God".

chitwa

Reaction score
Religion and God? Those are two separate things. Religion unnatural, God, Seriously natural and existing. Religion was formed by humans as a way to reach God. God wants to reach us, thats where the confusion starts. As for levels of existence, well I know am real, in flesh and spirit, I think all the experiences the guy says belong to spiritual experiences!

Last edited: