Is that Normal ?! Or it's due to my connection ?!

teeyo985

Reaction score
Hi guys !

Sometimes when I want to take a look on my website ! I get this message :frown:

The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later.

is it due to my connection ?! cause i'm uploading on the net, chating with friends normaly but this message keep on showing up even when I reload the page !

My website > http://devb.x10.mx

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

and after another reload :

A problem has occurred on our server!
Page is currently unavailable

We are treating the incident
Please, coming soon ...

Error : Unable to connect to database

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

What's wrong with the database ?! x10hosting doesnt support XOOPS CMS ??

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I think it supports all php based cms
But the site is really slow and most of the times if more than a few people are accessing at the same time the chances are high that the server doesnot respond to the users browser..an overload issue that way and also chances are there that a heavy resource suspension is imposed if over load happens.

norway2864

Reaction score
Hmm, same thing happened to me. I would recommend contacting support, just in case.

teeyo985

Reaction score
So it's the host ?!

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

Cause i've been on another host and i never had that probleme !!

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It's one of the little quirks common to all free web hosting providers, more so at X10 because of it's popularity. At times of peak demand the servers cannot keep up so websites are queing for data. Sadly not much can be done from the webmasters point of view short of upgrading to premium paid hosting.

There are a couple of methods for building in some redundancy to compensate for this but it's a lot of messing about even more so if you're using a database driven site.

teeyo985

Reaction score
thanks cybrax that was pretty clear :) ... i'm still a studient and i don't have much time to buy a domain and keep working on it ! thanks a lot !