Resolved Is there an ip request limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

divaidee

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been member of other free webhosts such as 000webhost & hostinger.de, they both have a http request limit so that each ip can only request a page 2000 or 5000 times a day.

This is quite a big restriction for me, because i would like to have an automatic ajax refresh function on my website that produces really FEW traffic (i only request a .txt file each second that tells me wether i need an update).

I know that x10hosting has limits in cpu, ram & processes, but does it have a http request limit for each ip? And if yes, how high is it?

Sorry if this is a naive question (because i think they do), but i couldn't find the answer yet...

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi divaidee,

We do not place a hard limit on the number of requests your website can receive per day. However, we do limit CPU usage and entry processes, which may become an issue if you are forcing users to make a large number of requests.

Thank you,

divaidee

Reaction score
Thx very much for the quick reply.
I didn't think about the entry processes i guess... That could really become a problem with many users. Although i don't think it would actually cause an issue, preventing is better than healing.
I developed a script now so that every 10 seconds I check the amount of users online & wether i need an update. If there's more than 5 users online, I set a timeout for 2 minutes. Is that reasonable?

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
keep in mind an "Entry Process" should take a fraction of a second to complete - therefore most people get it confused with how many visitors they can have on their website - A limit of 5 'Entry Process' does not mean only 5 people can be on your website at once - because the likelihood of all 5 people hitting your website's server at the exact same time (very small part of a second) should never happen

Status
Not open for further replies.