Is there something I can install on my account to monitor file accesses?

probiner

Reaction score
I have a small blog where I share packed solutions for other 3D Artists. I just wanted to know if there is a way that I can set a folder, where I put my download-able files, to be monitored when anyone access it.

The self-hosted cloud solutions don't seem the way to go, because I don't want to provide a download page. I want to use direct download. Or at most, something that takes care of the redirection for me, with almost 0 setup or costs.

Any suggestions?

probiner

Reaction score
So apparently I can setup a webstats thingy, like AWstats, but I need to point it the location of my webserver logs. Where are those in x10, usually? Thanks

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Those logs are not available on free hosting, as they accumulate too much disk space. We have server logs, however they are not available to the end user. You'd want to use an analytics software like Google Analytics or Pikwik (I believe.. I've not used that for years).

probiner

Reaction score
Hi leafypiggy. I have premium hosting. Since I don't see any premium forum, I keep posting here. Or am I doing something wrong?
I only intend to use for a distributbles folder to monitor how much people are getting them. Unless you tell me that I can setup a nice self hosted file manager that offers a download page aswell as a direct link while doint that monotoring on both.

This is all new to me.

Cheers