Is Windows A Virus?

Akkarin

Reaction score
From the Fedora mailing list;

Is Windows a Virus
---------------------------
No, Windows is not a virus. Here's what viruses do:

1.They replicate quickly - okay, Windows does that.

2.Viruses use up valuable system resources, slowing down the system as
they do so - okay, Windows does that.

3.Viruses will, from time to time, trash your hard disk - okay,
Windows does that too.

4.Viruses are usually carried, unknown to the user, along with
valuable programs and systems. - Sigh.. Windows does that, too.

5.Viruses will occasionally make the user suspect their system is too
slow (see 2) and the user will buy new hardware. - Yup, Windows does
that, too.

Until now it seems Windows is a virus but there are fundamental
differences: Viruses are well supported by their authors, are running
on most systems, their program code is fast, compact and efficient and
they tend to become more sophisticated as they mature.

So Windows is not a virus.

It's a bug.

Cheers
Mark

--
theExile.vze.com
www.stpaulswalsall.org.uk

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com

What you guys think, I found this really funny... because it's true.

Last edited:

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
it is funny because it is true, exactly what it is... viruses bring windows full potential =) making it slow and easy to crash. also windows has viruses, and what? linux has almost none?

but then again, its supposed to be funny, and looke who made it (my refrance to linux worked)

Akkarin said:
From the Fedora mailing list;

Last edited:

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
well it all depends on what you are using windows for, most people wont encounter bugs while using word, or texpad, notepad or other things like powerpoint and stuff, but for games and internet support (IE hahaha) and others you may see bugs

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I use IE.. And I play ET and CS and AA others, But only maybe once or twice other then that its been clean.

Akkarin

Reaction score
This isn't meant to be serious you know. It's just a joke for people who find Micro$oft annoying. And Windows is not a virus, because as stated in the quote:
Viruses are well supported by their authors, are running
on most systems, their program code is fast, compact and efficient and
they tend to become more sophisticated as they mature.
So Windows can't be a virus... it's a bug.

Conor

Reaction score
Hah. Good one. Its true too in so many more ways also :p

Fatality

Reaction score
Isn't it true though, that viruses are sometimes, if not most of the time harmful?

Is Windows really "harmful?" Well, I guess you could somehow say it is, for all the dumb crap it may do sometimes, but it isn't really going to destroy your computer for you using it as an OS.. Virus' won't do that either I guess but then again, virus' are most of the time atleast a little dangerous. Depending on the virus classification..

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
well its the same way with staff... alot of people would say, hey you know what a great name for infection is? staff... sorry... its kinda a inside joke a bit...

anyways, windows is horrible, i mean it does crash *comp crashed before i came here*, it did just now

microsoft should make a less buggy OS, otherwise i guess i'll just have to go linux.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
That is so wrong. Windows is not a virus. It would not have any at all if stupid people that made release them. People that make viruses tells me somthing they want attention. Windows will always be the best. Vista we will have to see if that can withstand viruses.

motogawa

Reaction score
So true geez its with windows and the people at microsoft as they go farther into building Windows it just seems to get more and more uneffecient and well even more open to viruses especially with the new windows xp no wonder why they call it windows its easy to get in lol corny I know but w/e its stupid god bill gates really needs to get his priorities all in order before his empire is destroyed XD.

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
lol. That's funny, and true. I use Windows too.

Akkarin

Reaction score
I guess most people use Windows because most software is compatible with it, and it's really easy. People would use Linux and Mac if they were more compatible with software.

sgtbenc

Reaction score
Akkarin said:
I guess most people use Windows because most software is compatible with it, and it's really easy. People would use Linux and Mac if they were more compatible with software.
Yeha, thats the only reason I use it.

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Akkarin said:
Linux is compatible with most of the software windows is isent it? I know that Mac is pritty good.. You know it's got pack man.. and five other games that will work on it haha.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Akkarin said:
What are you saying. If there was more compatibility with those there would be more viruses on them than Windows. See its what the majoriy of the people have that will make a diffrence. :roflwerd: