Is x10 hosting good ?

mikehunt22

Reaction score
I've been using the free service and was thinking about upgrading to premium but after the last few days there has been alot of downtime. Since I've only been using the free service for a month there was a noticable amount of downtime and lag. Although it was alot faster than other free providers this still brings to question is premium here good ? Can someone who is not an employee of x10 and who is using or has used the premium service please comment on the downtime and speeds of the premium service. Thanks in advance for the clarity. ;)

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been using the free service and was thinking about upgrading to premium but after the last few days there has been alot of downtime. Since I've only been using the free service for a month there was a noticable amount of downtime and lag. Although it was alot faster than other free providers this still brings to question is premium here good ? Can someone who is not an employee of x10 and who is using or has used the premium service please comment on the downtime and speeds of the premium service. Thanks in advance for the clarity. ;)

4 words quoted from a multitude of movies.

Sensational; I LOVE IT!

But seriously. When free's stable, if you like that, thats essentially what paid is, but with less restrictions (pretty much has PHP Advanced(Level3), cron jobs every minute long as it doesn't go TOO high on resources, etc).

I can't help but like it :) It's like free, but without the downtime/hassle/limitatio...okay it's not really anything like free if I put it that way, but you get the idea right? ^_^

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes x10 is good. I never ever seen any better, and I probably already tested 50 - 100 other hosts, all sucked, but not x10

M

Macaws

You should read: Watch me tear down other webhosts!
It talks about how bad other hosts are compared to x10.

blitzkrieg

Reaction score
Of all the hosts I tried, x10hosting is the best free host... I hope it is enough to convince you.

Jordan C

Reaction score
I would stick around on the free servers for a little bit longer, you never know, things might get really good with the new servers (once we get over all these problems)

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I think x10 is good. I've been with them for roughly a year now :)

balaji2u

Reaction score
Yeah X10 is good even with free host,but it will take responsibilty and i think it will never have this down time in the premium plan.

markhere

Reaction score
Honest opinion is do not pay for the hosting until they have sorted out server issues as you may end up paying and not receiving a good service rather than not paying and still not receiving a good service. There have been a lot of serious issues with servers lately and the transfer of accounts has not been a smooth transition. If I am also correct these new servers are no longer controlled directly by x10hosting but by Limestone so any issues will probably be passed through x10hosting to limestone which may delay issues being resolved. I would give it 6 to 12 months on free service and determine down time and speed during this time.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Guess I'll clear some stuff up ;)

Our free hosting and paid hosting are completely separate. Paid hosting rarely if ever goes down. There is about 1/20th the amount of accounts on a paid server vs a free server, there is also no restrictions like on the free hosting besides the normal illegal stuff.

Secondly, our servers are at a datacenter like every other host. We have 100% control of the servers and maintain each one. The only thing that would ever go through our DC is hardware replacement which happens in <2 hours. Luckily we've only had to replace one drive in our 4 years.

-Corey

Last edited:

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
There have been a lot of serious issues with servers lately and the transfer of accounts has not been a smooth transition. If I am also correct these new servers are no longer controlled directly by x10hosting but by Limestone so any issues will probably be passed through x10hosting to limestone which may delay issues being resolved.

You need to learn what you're talking about - this is not true at all. What "serious issues" have occurred lately?

xPlozion

Reaction score
i've only had one "minor" problem with my site (php level script messed up a backend feature, but the rest was still perfect), but x10 as many have said is much better than a lot of other free hosts out there. I know, i've been there. i've only seen one better, but they were bought out, and are no longer functioning w/ the original staff. it was a lot like it is here, but with less members, but they were on more, and we were more like a family.

if you want to support x10 or need more resources/less restrictions/better stability (although it's pretty stable), then i would say go with paid. also, i would suggest paid once your site gets off the ground and gets big, as it'll prob run much smoother (more bandwidth, no overselling server resources (giving more away than they can handle) because there are less people on the paid servers). i'm not saying that they oversell the free account servers though...