Is your site using too much resources or is their server just too slow?

Who's to blame?

• The host

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • The website

Votes: 13 61.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyharp81602

Reaction score
I'm being suspended right now for the third time already and it frustrates me to no end. It's all because I've uploaded a normal website to the server which I now find to be a no-no concerning how its images, scripts, and other stuff are using up my memory and CPUs which I believe to be the reason why I'm being suspended right now. I never had that problem before I uploaded a normal webpage to this site. Since then, I keep getting suspended over and over again because of it. I believe that what's really causing me to get suspended from this site. So I would like to request unsuspension so I can get rid of the normal site and just keep my WordPress blog open and running here. I would really appreciate it.

freenetter

Reaction score
taforum, I second tnl2k7's view - you are being rude, and top of it all most of your comments are generalised, exaggerated rubbish.

When you sign up with a free host such as X10, you should be instantly aware that downtime can pose a problem. X10 does the best they can with the resources they have to provide a free hosting service to all.

"I'm sure we've all been suspended for logging in to cpanel, uploading a 1 byte file via FTP, simply creating our account or numerous other rediculous reasons."

Absolute, total crap. If you login to Cpanel the way you are supposed to, and keep to the rules, you won't be suspended.

"I notice that the "Server load" has to be under 5 to be in the green, but I can rarely find it under 10."

Also rubbish - after X10 completed the transfer of hosting accounts and MySQL data from one of their broken servers, uptime steadily rose until now, where it is back to normal healthy levels. Uptime is excellent at the moment, and the server load is definitely under 10 a lot more often than you say it is.

You are one of the selfish, ungrateful X10 account holders that undermine this service. You should be very grateful for the excellent work that X10 has done and continues to do - they are a lot better than many other free hosting providers.

If you want a near-flawless service, stop being rude and bothering X10 staff and go find a paid hosting service.

marshian

Reaction score
The uptime on my server (Absolut) for this week is according to uptrends.com 99.40%, but since it only monitors at a 30-minute interval, and downtime usually is less then 10 minutes, it'll be closer to 99.80%.
And even then, I'm doubting Uptrend's statistics...
Absolut has been up 13 days, 9 hours and 1 minute at this moment.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The uptime on my server (Absolut) for this week is according to uptrends.com 99.40%, but since it only monitors at a 30-minute interval, and downtime usually is less then 10 minutes, it'll be closer to 99.80%.
And even then, I'm doubting Uptrend's statistics...
Absolut has been up 13 days, 9 hours and 1 minute at this moment.

And stolis uptime is in my sig. stoli is getting more stable now. Before the record was like 6 days but now it is up to 10

intertec

Reaction score
That's unbelievable. I would never think anyone could speak about x10 like this. Specially after the hard work they put in. I'm disgraced.

mcklovin

Reaction score
You don't complain about anything free, my account is suspended now for to much resource consumption, figuring that I backed the whole thing up, that is totally reasonable. If you don't like what you get for free then pay and don't complain.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Sorry, but once I saw this thread, I was like this: :eek4:
I do agree on one point; servers were a bit slow today, but you can't expect x10 to have 99.99999999999% uptime. Free servers must have thousands of accounts. This is why the load is high. You can't go around saying

Considering this hosts rep for childish responses to negative comments, i thought "Crossfire" would be an appropreate place to post.

You may have received an unofficial response from another member, but you can't blame x10 for that. x10 is doing (In my opinion ) a pretty damn good job of being one of the best webhosts out there.
http://forums.x10hosting.com/news-announcements/28666-if-you-dont-like-leave.html
I think you are the childish one complaining about x10.
You should also add "taforum" to the poll.
If you don't like x10 and all the other free hosts, start your own free hosting company; you'll see what it's like. It isn't easy to run a site like this.
You shouldn't be complaining about them, they have cPanel (way easy to do things) and no ads. No Advertisements. Almost all free hosts require ads no matter what plan you are on. x10 doesn't.
If you want to promote x10, stay; otherwise :gtfoslap:.

Last edited:

Sohail

Reaction score
You obviously did something wrong, users do not get suspended for no reason at all and there was no reason to share this with the other members as well.

I'm going to close this thread now because there is flaming everywhere and I do not want to give out infractions, there is a simple moral of this thread and it has been said before:

"If you don't like it, leave!"

It's simple, you wouldn't normally find these features on a free hosting service and if you want full features and resources then i would recommend you go for paid hosting, so please stop arguing over a free service that you won't find anywhere else as good as this and if you do, you can leave but I really doubt that.

*Closed*

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I know this thread is closed but after reading so much misleading information I have to put the inactivity suspension issue to bed.

You are not required to log in to cPanel at all. Your account will work just fine if you have never logged into cPanel. Our inactivity timer works on x10 Hosting forum logins. Log in once in 2 weeks and abide by the TOS and you will have no problems. This is stated in the TOS and also you are asked to agree to it on the fly when you sign up.

Nathan H

Reaction score
There are issues with Stoli at the moment, simply because there are SO many users on it at the moment, when the new version of x10hosting is released all the servers should be much more reliable than they were previously, like TechAsh has said before the staff arnt paid, they do this out of respect for this great service.
For a free host x10hosting really is remarkable, but every site has its times where there is slow down, it's a fact of life. If you don't like it leave, but don't rant on the forums about a problem that is already being sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.