Issue with logging in on my MyBB forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

epsonrok85

Reaction score
Oh okay, cool.
Anyway, do you have any idea on which of these I could use that string of SQL to replace the navigation links on the homepage (the main forum index.. uora.net.) I'm pretty sure that's why it's not letting anyone login while using the .net domain.

mybb_adminlog
mybb_adminoptions
mybb_adminsessions
mybb_adminviews
mybb_announcements
mybb_attachments
mybb_attachtypes
mybb_awaitingactivation
mybb_badwords
mybb_banfilters
mybb_banned
mybb_board_messages
mybb_calendarpermissions
mybb_calendars
mybb_captcha
mybb_datacache
mybb_delayedmoderation
mybb_events
mybb_forumpermissions
mybb_forums
mybb_forumsread
mybb_forumsubscriptions
mybb_g33k_thankyoulike_stats
mybb_g33k_thankyoulike_thankyoulike
mybb_groupleaders
mybb_helpdocs
mybb_helpsections
mybb_icons
mybb_joinrequests
mybb_mailerrors
mybb_maillogs
mybb_mailqueue
mybb_massemails
mybb_moderatorlog
mybb_moderators
mybb_modtools
mybb_mycode
mybb_pages
mybb_pluginuploader
mybb_polls
mybb_pollvotes
mybb_posts
mybb_privatemessages
mybb_profilefields
mybb_promotionlogs
mybb_promotions
mybb_reportedposts
mybb_reputation
mybb_searchlog
mybb_sessions
mybb_settinggroups
mybb_settings
mybb_smilies
mybb_spiders
mybb_stats
mybb_tasklog
mybb_tasks
mybb_templategroups
mybb_templates
mybb_templatesets
mybb_themes
mybb_themestylesheets
mybb_threadprefixes
mybb_threadratings
mybb_threads
mybb_threadsread
mybb_threadsubscriptions
mybb_threadviews
mybb_userfields
mybb_usergroups
mybb_users
mybb_usertitles
mybb_warninglevels
mybb_warnings
mybb_warningtypes

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd start with looking into: mybb_settings

Most likely something like "board url" or "site url" needs to be changed, possibly also "cookie domain". Note though that those are wild guesses based on experience from other forum softwares.

On the other hand, since you still have the old domain attached, it might be enough with login in on that domain, and changing the settings (board url and cookie domain) from within the administration panel.

epsonrok85

Reaction score
Alright, thanks. Well, I changed the link to the .net domain in bburl (Board URL) and cookiedomain in PHPMyAdmin. I logged into the .x10.mx domain, went to the settings in the acp, and it showed that the default board URL and the cookie domain URL. However, the main links (such as the navigation links at the very top of the index and the 'Register' and 'Lost Password?' links at the top-right of the index) on the http://uora.net/ domain still show that it's undeadoralive.x10.mx and not uora.net. Also, it still won't let me login successfully, and I even cleared the cache, history, and cookies.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Does myBB have a function to cache its templates? The table "mybb_datacache" suggests that to be the case, if so those would likely need to be cleared as well. (if you decide to clear that table in the database, do take a backup first in case it messes up even more)

However, asking at myBB support, assuming they have one, might be better as they would be better knowledgeable about what needs to be done to change the domain of an already installed forum.

epsonrok85

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm going to create a full backup first. However, I cannot find any Backup link on the cPanel page.

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Do you know where I can create the full backup in cPanel and download the folder?

---------- Post added 01-05-2011 at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-04-2011 at 11:33 PM ----------

Never mind, I created a backup via my forum's admin panel. Well, I went ahead and deleted all of the cache, but apparently, I didn't do the right thing. Now, both the http://undeadoralive.x10.mx and http://uora.net links are displaying 'MyBB Internal Error' pages. How do I undo that? I have the backup downloaded.

Last edited:

epsonrok85

Reaction score
The user in that topic was upgrading their MyBB version, and that occurred in the process.
The reason why I'm getting the error message is because I deleted all of the cache in mybb_datacache. I don't know how to undo it.

I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't do this, but I'll go ahead and ask anyway. Would it be alright if I give you access to my cPanel account so that you can back up the cache in mybb_datacache? I have no idea on what I'm doing. I can also give you the backup.

---------- Post added at 02:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 AM ----------

I posted a support topic on the MyBB support forum: http://community.mybb.com/thread-85617.html

I hope to get some replies to it pretty soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.