Java Help ?

iearn.tk54

Reaction score
I need to make my site only for java enabled browser

so if java is enabled in the browser then no prob. site will work normall

otherwise it will display an message that ur browser is not java enabled and site dosent loads.

plz tell me what script or what shout i add to my html or php pages. :confused:

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Java or JavaScript? If it's Java, I'd find another way if I were you; sane people don't let applets run in the browser.

For JavaScript you can use a <noscript> tag, but it's a much better idea to use progressive enhancement—add functionality to a page using JavaScript rather than trying to design something that "breaks" properly when JavaScript isn't available.

iearn.tk54

Reaction score
Java or JavaScript? If it's Java, I'd find another way if I were you; sane people don't let applets run in the browser.

For JavaScript you can use a <noscript> tag, but it's a much better idea to use progressive enhancement—add functionality to a page using JavaScript rather than trying to design something that "breaks" properly when JavaScript isn't available.

its javascript

and what enhancement i add ?

plz suggest me & provide the script to past in my <head> tags

and if javascript is not enabled in browser it should give a message and site should not load.

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

okz i found <noscript> use full but

plz can you help me to code in that way

that if javascript is disabled then it should forward to other page ?

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

actually i want to block rightclick and print screen in my site to protect content

i found some scripts to block them

but it tells that if user disables the java script function from the browser then he can copy and do print screen

so for this protection i need some thing

plz help me out..............

m in reall need
plzzzzzzz

theone48

Reaction score
Another one adding to the Java monopoly. It's been getting all too common lately. I've lost track of the amount of sites that have blocked me out over the years for some java glitch or not having the latest or the correct (32 or 64 bit) version of Java. Especially unnerving on the important sites, like banks, municipal service sites... etc. So what if I don't have it? Have pity on the masses! It makes no sense in my opinion, blocking someone out just because they won't see your newly re-designed, gleaming, animated logo and fancy layout.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
There are no blocks for right-click or view→source (except in Internet Explorer, and perhaps not even there in the upcoming versions). Everyone else allows you to set the browser so that context menus cannot be altered, and debugging features/add-ins will let you view the source even if you were to allow monkeying with the context (right-click) menu. If you don't want people to know what you're doing, then you'd better create and distribute a native application (or use Flash).

Believe me, your code isn't that secret -- especially if you're at the level that you need to post a question like this. The only possible reason for hiding your HTML source is embarrassment; if your idea is worth copying, it will be copied no matter what you do.

javaguy78

Reaction score
The number 1 rule of the internet is this: If I can see it, then I can have it.

Every website wants to protect their stuff, but in reality, it is impossible to do so. the Print Screen button cannot be prevented from a web browser. A desktop application can redirect the printscreen button's normal ability, but only if the application. Then there's snag-it and everything else that can also capture what you have.

Sorry but no bit of code can totally prevent your visitors from taking what you give them. You can hide it, but there are tools for retrieving even the most obfuscated content.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Here are some tips for protected your images. None of them work 100%, but can make it harder for someone to nab them:

- Split your images up into different files. If you have one image, split/crop it into four separate images and them stick them together in HTML so they look like one image. That means that if someone tries to look into the source for the image or right click the image to save, they'll only get a portion of the image! People can still stitch the images together in apps like Photoshop, but the person might not be bothered to do that and draws them away from it.
- Use JavaScript to disable right click. People can still use the source code to get the image, and people can still turn JavaScript off in their browser settings, but again it draws them away from it.
- Make it so if the person right-clicks, the save button doesn't appear. You can do this by creating a div element (or something similar) that is the same width/height as the image, and then set it as the background-image with CSS.

Also, you could copyright your images or license them so nobody can distribute your work.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
in Chrome it is ==> Web Developer <==
in Firefox it is ==> Web Developer Tool Bar <==
and others

when a user clicks on the toolbar
he receives a list and views of all images on the page

all you do when - you disable right click - is leave a bad test with your user

a mod to javaguy78 line (above)
==> The number 1 rule of the internet is: If a user can see it, then he can get it. <==

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
to late to edit my post at 09-22-2011 01:10 PM

==> bad test <== S/B ==> bad taste <==