Jetpack Error and Wordpress Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

awaymiss

Reaction score
I have faced two issues all of a sudden. 1. is Jetpack will not connect saying that the site is inaccessible. Specific error message is:
Your website needs to be publicly accessible to use Jetpack: site_inaccessible
Error Details: The Jetpack server was unable to communicate with your site [HTTP 404]. Ask your web host if they allow connections from WordPress.com. If you need further assistance, contact Jetpack Support: http://jetpack.com/support/

When I googled this error, they said to ask the host if they are blocking an file was being blocked... xmlrpc.php to be specific. Is this blocked now or is there something I need to do to it to fix it.

Also, since wordpress updated recently and since the server upgrades, my site won't display images. At all...all I see are white little boxes where the images are.
77aa34d98270209fd05b814ddfdf4014.png

I looked in my files on the cPanel and see them all there. But when I go into Wordpress backend, they aren't showing up. I'm not sure why this is happening or what to do about it. I tried disabling all plugins, I tried changing the theme. I even tried uploading an image again, but it didn't work. When I changed themes, some of the images showed up on the front end, but not on the back end. I've been trying to fix this for hours. Please, can someone help me figure these issues out? Thank you for your time.

Di

awaymiss

Reaction score
It's been several days since I posted this support question. Does no one know why this is happening?

awaymiss

Reaction score
Okay, so I figured out what the problem is, but you people have to fix it. It's a server issue. Something about an error in the configuration of my account on the server. I'd appreciate some help. I posted this support question over a week ago. I will have to move to a different server soon since I can't upload pictures anymore and my blog is mainly pictures.

caftpx10

Reaction score
From the looks of it, it could be either mod_security2 or the firewall blocking the server-side requests Jetpack is attempting to put out.

awaymiss

Reaction score
that's what I thought too so I disabled it, removed and reinstalled it. I also deactivated all plugins, that is, but it stayed the same. I don't know how to work with mod_security2.

Last edited:

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
I don't know how to work with mod_security2.
while x10hosting discourage it - Premium account users have the ability to completely disable [ mod_security ] on their account via cPanel

For free-hosting accounts - x10hosting has a customized web server setup that does not allow for the same cPanel functionality to disable all or part of [ mod_security ] - and users can not use the [ .htaccess ] file to disable all or part of it - x10hosting decided it would not be a good idea to allow free-hosting users to disable any of it - as it is used to not only protect against inbound malicious attacks but to prevent outbound abuse also - Unfortunately free-hosting still gets abusive signups - and allowing those abusive users to disable something that helps to prevent their malicious actions would not be in x10hosting's best interest

only Admins can adjust [ mod_security ] for free-hosting accounts (i.e. [ Basic (no upgrade) ] and [ Prime ] and [ Illuminated ])

awaymiss

Reaction score
I just want my blog to work again. It worked before the server security updates, now it doesn't work. I don't want to disable or enable anything malicious or whatever on my account, however, I do want my site to work again. If it isn't fixed, then I can't do anything with my blog and the blog then becomes useless and therefore, my whole account becomes useless and a year's worth of posts become useless. I don't know what mod_security2 is. This issue needs to be fixed or I'll have to move my blog somewhere else or close it down completely. So, Admins, please do something soon. I posted this support question over a week ago. An answer or something from an Admin would be appreciated.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi awaymiss,

So sorry I missed this; I hope we can get this fixed. Server logs do show that your WordPress uploads directory had incorrect permissions set, but it looks like images are loading fine from your uploads directory now. Can you confirm that the issue you were having with images has been fixed? (And if it hasn't, please can you check the directory has permission level 755 set?)

Additionally, please can you verify that Jetpack is still reporting the HTTP error 404, and not a different status code?

Thank you,

awaymiss

Reaction score
I don't know how it fixed, but what I did was download my files in a folder on my computer, then I deleted everything from my cpanel and deleted the database (after I backed it up of course), then I went into softaculous and selected "uninstall wordpress" to get rid of that. (I had already saved my posts and images were already downloaded off the site)...then I reinstalled Wordpress using softaculous in a new database and so on. Then I went into Wordpress and imported my backup copy of my posts and so on...the posts showed up, but the images I had uploaded to the uploads folder won't show up for anything...I ended up deleting all the images and now I'm going through and reuploading the slideshows for each post. A very slow process, but so far it seems to be working...and for Jetpack, this time around, I selected "multisite" on installation and then when I went into my Wordpress dashboard, I had to go activate Jetpack in the "network dashboard" before it would connect on my site. I'm not really sure what fixed the problem, but it seems to be working now. I'm not sure why. The pictures won't pick up though, but they appear after I reupload them. Not sure if there's a faster way to do this, but that's what I finally ended up having to do. Oh, and it turns out the images that were showing up had been put in those posts as a link from flickr. Like I said, I'm not sure what all I did that fixed this issue, but it seems to be fixed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.