Job Opening for Web Designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
We are forming a web design/development group (currently with 4 members), and we are looking for talented frond end designers. This is a paid position, based on a percent of your contribution to each project and your position. Please if you are interested fill out an application form at devgroup.co.cc, and you will get a response.

Web Site/Application Form: http://devgroup.co.cc
Job Description: http://docs.google.com/View?id=df3bfk68_0gdh25hcj
IRC: studio51.ath.cx:6667 #devs

~Twinkie (Administrator)

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Congratulations, your application has been accepted by a unanimous vote. Welcome to the team :)

The job is open to as many applicants as possible. All those still considering, please apply.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
FINALLY, I've found the job description.

Riight, now to add it to the site XD

~Callum

onedan1

Reaction score
We are forming a web design/development group (currently with 4 members), and we are looking for talented frond end designers. This is a paid position, based on a percent of your contribution to each project and your position. Please if you are interested fill out an application form at devgroup.co.cc, and you will get a response.

~Twinkie (Administrator)

Great, i am gonna look it up

KryptosV2

Reaction score
It says you're looking for developers, not designers.

Also what is the (projected) payrate range going to be, in dollars?
Finally, are you compensated for time spent resolving issues or only by the length of code overall contributed to a project? I mean, someone could spend hours resolving an issue with a few lines of code while someone could make a cookie cutter class/function that somehow warrants him much more cash.

Last edited:

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
We're looking for both developers and designers. I don't think we've worked out how pay is going to be, but it will be fair. I will make sure of it :)

*laughs evilly*

I THINK that what Twinkie is thinking is that you will payed by time, but if you prove that you do more work for time spent then you will be promoted, meaning higher pay.

~Callum

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hey Twinkie, i'm certainly interested in this. If you still require someone that is. I'm well skilled in using semantic and fully W3C compliant XHTML, HTML4 and CSS (both levels 2 and 3). I have some work i can show you if required, if you're still looking for someone let me know so we can talk more about it. :)

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I didn't realize that Alex_Mac hijacked my thread (o_O). Since I have gotten busy with my own projects, I have not been too active on x10.

Also what is the (projected) payrate range going to be, in dollars?
Finally, are you compensated for time spent resolving issues or only by the length of code overall contributed to a project? I mean, someone could spend hours resolving an issue with a few lines of code while someone could make a cookie cutter class/function that somehow warrants him much more cash.

The projected pay cannot be determined because we are just forming, so we do not have the statistics to give you an estimate. Also, since the pay is on a per-job basis, it is affected by many factors. There is no reason that you should get below the pay for the average web developer/designer, and most likely above because we only collect enough of the group income to pay the business expenses.

Payment is determined considering a both the time spent and the work done, decided by the team leader. The payment system is geared towards measuring in time spent, as in, it would most likely take a Jr. Developer more time to accomplish the same thing as a Sr. Developer in the same amount of time, so the Sr. Developer is payed more per hour (higher payment factor). However, it is not possible to measure how much time was spent over the internet, which is why it must be measured by the team leader.

Hey Twinkie, i'm certainly interested in this. If you still require someone that is. I'm well skilled in using semantic and fully W3C compliant XHTML, HTML4 and CSS (both levels 2 and 3). I have some work i can show you if required, if you're still looking for someone let me know so we can talk more about it. :)

We are always looking for more talent, however, the standards for hiring change as we get more people. At the current time, we are looking for both web developers and designers. In web developers, we are looking for experience. For web designers, we are looking for graphics design skills and creative talent. It is not enough to only know HTML.

If anyone has any more questions about the position, I will try to log in more often to answer them, or you can email me at twinkie@devgroup.co.cc. I encourage everyone to apply, it couldn't hurt ;)

Last edited:

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Although we are currently working on our business site, members who work on it get promise of higher payment when business starts.

onedan1

Reaction score

~Twinkie (Administrator)
Can u list the core skills required for this job?

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
We are one of the few employers who will train employees who do not fit up to standards. Because of this, what is mainly needed is the dedication and willingness to learn.

We evaluate each application by the groups current needs and what it would take to train the applicant to get to that point. As said in the job description, that need changes dynamically so the only sure way to know whether you will be accepted is to apply. Everything that you already know is a plus to getting hired.

Web Deisgners: HTML, CSS, graphics design, JavaScript, AJAX, Flash, creative talent.
Web Developers: PHP, SQL, PDO, OOP, XML, HTML, JavaScript, AJAX.

Last edited:

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
Well, I know basics, a quick learner, and I'm an experienced administrator...but can you release some more information about this?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.