Joomla Extensions: Time out on installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

prppedro

Reaction score
Hi, I'm here again...

The Starka server is almost impossible since I have my account here... But it's working well for now... However, I can't install Joomla Extensions. When I tried, I've got this: "The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.". And, obviously, the extension doesn't installs... I've tried to install from a unpacked folder at the tmp... A message shows that the extension was installed 'sucessfuly', however, a error says: "The MySQL has gone away".

The FTP functionality is off and all directories are writable...

Why this?

Thanks,
T. R. P.

Last edited:

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Do you have anything set to 777 permissions? It may be causing some issues. If that's not the problem, it's most likely you're hitting the timeout limit.

prppedro

Reaction score
Well, all folders are 755... I preffer to not set to 777 the main folders, it's pretty unsafe. =(
Joomla is able to write without problems, it creates the component folder, etc... The problem is the PHP timeout...

I tried to use FTP functionality as well as the PHP Upload, but it fails "JFTP::mkdir: Bad Response".

Att.,
T. R. P.

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

Is the error you are receiving a Joomla based error? There was so MySQL problems the other day, have you retried installing it from the uploads folder were you were receiving the "The MySQL server has gone away." error?

Status
Not open for further replies.