Joomla vs Wordpress

danross93

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum and don't know if anyone uses Joomla here, but I was wondering has anyone compaired them and found advantages or disadvantages between them?

My free hosting account has not been activated just yet and I don't know what blogs or CMS platforms are going to be avalible, to install through the cPanel interface.

david64

Reaction score
Joomla and WordPress are both very out-dated in their programming methods. They are also both prone to hacks, particularly Joomla and even more so Joomla add-ons.

If you are to use either I would use WordPress.

Personally, I like to code things myself and recommend that for any serious endeavours online.

htcuong.kbc45

Reaction score
Me, I like Joomla more than WP because the custom capacities of Joomla permit coders to change all follow design ideas. For Joomla, they can create and organize the modules at each page. That's good!

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
To understand the difference between both softwares, you must understand their purposes. Joomla is intended to be a Content Management System (basically a website) while WordPress is meant to be blogging software.

Joomla and WordPress is good for beginners, but advanced programmers may want to move on and do it themselves.