Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Nice! Looks like cool and simple

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't like the theme at all. The javascript for opacity is uneeded, and it's hard to read.

The "black and white" theme looks good, why not use that as your theme?

eleljrk

Reaction score
Thank you Boss is the Best. :)

leafypiggy: ok, but when you hover mouse over menus, the get 100% visible :)
And i cant use a shared theme on my site ;)

Try to minimize, drag, drop and click all over my website. Alot of awesome effects! :)

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi eleljrk,

You are telling about the effects, I accepts that they are good. But First of all the entire site (Theme) should be catchy, Change it.

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
This is below par. I'm sorry it just doesn't cut it for me.
`spelled previous wrong
`no backwards compatibility for javascript
`font-family choice is horrible
`annoying tiled background image
`using tables to position elements (I'm not sure if that is how the e107CMS is set up)
`hard to read text on background [figure 1]
`preview page unnecessarily expands the horizontal width [figure 2]

Attachments

• figure 1.png
    figure 1.png
    318.9 KB · Views: 25
  • figure 2.png
    figure 2.png
    542.8 KB · Views: 30

eleljrk

Reaction score
`spelled previous wrong - ok, gonna fix that
`no backwards compatibility for javascript - Do you mean that my site require Javascripts? Actually no.. It works fine without too.. (my opinion)
`font-family choice is horrible - Im going to take a look at that, but its not required to make a good layout..
`annoying tiled background image - Made a new for 2 days ago.. I have'nt had time to change.. ;)
`using tables to position elements (I'm not sure if that is how the e107CMS is set up) - That is a standard in the core
`hard to read text on background [figure 1] - I figured out that myself yesterday, so thats also on my fix list
`preview page unnecessarily expands the horizontal width [figure 2] - e107 standards..

wongers

Reaction score
sign up and forgotten passwords arent aligned properly with the rest of the content in that bar (username/password fields).

as previously mentioned - text is hard to read on the tiled background, yes you say you can read it once you roll your mouse over it, but its just a bit of a pain in the arse that you have to put your mouse in to one box at a time just read something.

your page is a bit slugish to navigate, im assume this is due to all the scripts that you have loaded in and graphics that have to be rendered/loaded? - by this i mean when i try to scroll down the page, sometimes it scrolls down in "sections" as apposed to a nice smooth scroll.

the colour scheme seems to just blend in to one big blue mess and i dont like, especially with that bubbles background thing?

other then that (lol) you have some good web building skills and once you crack the aesthetics design side, you'll be on to a winner, thats for sure :)

eleljrk

Reaction score
Wongers, Ive readed your post snd accept much or all of it. The signup and forgotten password is supose to be where it is, a bit outside the window. And I have to ask, what computer are you using that dont run a website smooth? :) The last line was needed to hold me alive. ;)

eleljrk

Reaction score
Ok guys, used the theme I had as standard, and made a "new" white theme just with using it. Removed lagg creating JavaScript. And made it a bit more lightweight, i think. Less images, etc..

Its white now.. White, black and gray.. And the links got a smooth dark-green color, but else, all text is black. Most of the "bugs" found under is fixed, if not all. Hope all of you like this a bit better.

I know its not perfect, I will make a new one in a year or so.. (This is the third theme on my site in 1-2 months.. :eek:) But the theme is a bit "boxy", as you will see. Its skelet is made by Tables and Divs, so its a bit.. Lined up.. My next theme will be darker, more shady, and smooth. I will make a whole new consept of what JurksPlanets themes is.. ;)

Hope you like it! :)