Just a small verification..takes one minute to reply

Reaction score
I currently have my website hosted with x10 subdomain i.e. soumikbhat.x10.mx

I want to use my own domain <mydomain>.com instead of x10.mx so that soumikbhat.x10.mx gets known as <mydomain>.com which means I should go on with a parked domain r8? By what I've understood an addon domain allows you to run an additional website from the cpanel, but I've already setup my website under soumikbhat.x10.mx and just want to change the domain name from soumikbhat.x10.mx to my owned domain name...pls verify whether I should go for a parked domain or not.

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Parked would be the correct choice if you want it to show the same content as you currently have on the soumikbhat.x10.mx domain.

Reaction score
Parked would be the correct choice if you want it to show the same content as you currently have on the soumikbhat.x10.mx domain.
Thanks, so will it just do if I setup a parked domain or something else needs to be done?
To edit my site, will I've to go to <domain>.x10.mx or to the parked domain address?

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

also to what will the "parked domain" redirect to? Should it be the x10 subdomain?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
If you want the address bar to say 'mydomain.com' instead of 'myx10domain.x10.mx' when they come looking for 'mydomain.com', DO NOT SET UP REDIRECTION. Just add mydomain.com as a parked domain.

EDIT/ADD: You do have to go to your domain registrar and set the DNS to point the nameservers for your domain to

ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

EDIT/ADD:

Then, when your .com domain points to your account, go to your WordPress admin page via the .x10.mx address and change the "Site URL" to the .com name.

Last edited: