Just another web template

Bigbucks2528

Reaction score
Good, basic but good. There are a few problems with the font, but other than that, I sort of like it

kbjradmin

Reaction score
yes, i know that there are a few problems and bug here and there. i am working on those. i mainly am interested in what people think of the idea.

as a side note:
i am aware that this template currently looks really crappy in IE. i am working on it...

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
White text with black background is a brave design, many would say it's a web design DON'T but some sites manage to pull it off and I think that you are halfway there. ( http://jquery.com/ is a good example) Plus I see that you are using an embedded font, a lot of 'designers' don't seem to know about the CSS technique but you seem to do.

Which is kinda odd, because there is nothing in the design that cannot be done with CSS alone at this stage so why the bother with all the javascript in the head section?

Finally, remember not everbody has the same size screen. A fluid CSS layout is needed that will 'sqeeze' down to 1024pixels wide. Check out the CSS section of 'Dynamic Drive.com' for fluid css layouts.

PS: nice favicon

russjr08

Reaction score
That's a really great template. It's a great template with some great potential :)

krofunk

Reaction score
Its a good clean design and I think its actually pretty easy on the eye (good work) the one thing I would say is that it is pushing the boundaries in terms of width..one answer is to simply have a dynamic/elastic width but this can wreck formatting. (its a difficult situation lol) anyway your template looks great for people with wide screens but not for those still with 4.3 monitors that are most likely running at 1024x768

chrisa

Reaction score
I agree with all that has been said about this design. It looks good, clean and easy to look at. I would consider changing the font to a serifed font. In general fonts such as Times Roman are easier to read. It is the "tails" on the letters that make it better to read as each letter flows into the next.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I like it.

I think the line spacing is too great, though

~Callum