Just want to know

Status
Not open for further replies.

pierre39

Reaction score
Just wonder how many Mo we are allowed on a free web hosting...?
My cPanel Disk usage show actually 790.64 / ∞ MB ...

For me, the ∞ MB (unlimited sign) at the right, if I understand is no restrictions of space...
I do not expect to upload a 100 GB file or directory..!! I just want to upload a 18 MB flash file by FTP... the system refuse and I see a message who tell me to remove files to make space...

So I carefully inspect various directory to flush some files (more than 30 MB removed) and tried again to upload this 18 MB flash file... impossible !

So I just want to understand, what to do for the future... and what can I do in the present day ??
Thanks for your help and have a good day:cool:

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I think there is a limit on FTP file sizes. Have you tried uploading with the cPanel file manager?

pierre39

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply... tried to upload via cPanel file manager... it works... anyway, I was able to upload larger files than this one via ftp with CuteFTP prog... may be a bug in the software?
Thanks again...
Thread closed

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Probably not a bug, it may be something to do with the technology of the software itself, but I'm not sure. I think the FTP limit is 12MB, but I'm not 100% sure.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
We have made a few changes to ftp, mainly to prevent abuse in the form of people uploading large files and using our service for a storage entity, which we are not. Further more most of the larger files were also violating US copyright laws.

We left the option to upload a bit larger files through the file manager, as that is less likely to be used for big files unless they are actually of need for the site.

pierre39

Reaction score
Hi Anna,

Thank you for your reply, now I know the rules had changed about FTP...

For me there is no problem, I was just wondering why I was unable to upload via FTP this 18MB file, the same file was 30MB before I made change and was uploaded without any problem...

Think it shoulb be a good idea to announce these changes in the "what's new" topic

Have a good day and thanks to you again...

Status
Not open for further replies.