Latest Update 6/14/09 News Thread Response

Status
Not open for further replies.

nchgaming

Reaction score
(← one of those "freeloading moaner's") and I ONLY get that way when I look and look and look and look and.... well? ... cant find any recent, relivant, posts... or I find the EXACT same problem... old... and never addressed.

Anyhow... Playing around with file permissions in an attempt to "fix the problem yourself" would not be an advisable activity right at this point in chaos. (see bottom of this post) I spent hours searching the forums here, and on several other similiar sites, and hosting companys for similiar problems. What I accomplished was learning stuff I had no intention to learn (but usefull/helpful) and wasting a lot of time. I couldn't get an answer anywhere. and as previously stated, when I did find something, it hadn't been answered either. So... I go to the irc. I weed-sit for a while, so as to not barge in, and get a feel for whatever may be happening at the moment. I see.. "they're all done moving everything, so now you're safe to submit a ticket without being banned form support" WHAT? BANNED? SH*T!!!! I just put in a ticket!!!! CRAP!!!
and then it goes....their turn, my turn, their turn, my turn, php mail()??? ticket CLOSED. END
Now... here I am... thinking wtf? no one even gave me a clue as to what was going on (with this specific ticket) and they (support) just abruptly closed it when I answered the question they asked me. Not knowing what was "going on", and specifically trying to find out just that, getting nowhere and then getting the door closed in my face was just a little too much for me. My purpose is not to complain and b*tch about everything, but to help people remember that there are real people on BOTH side of the problem. My site isn't likely to just freakout on it's own... or vanish... or become incapacitated with out someone having done something. If it wasn't me ... it had to be someone else... and so my search *moaning* begins.

now that that's covered!>....

File permissions, backups, recovery, re-installing, or anything of that nature : 2nd week of June
While you're having problems that have cropped up "strangely" in the past WEEK, and your PHP mail no longer works... you MUST be aware that there are still MANY memory and processor intensive tasks being performed,.. in an attempt to correct some unexpected problems during recent server transfers. Because many of these processes require so much of the server's resources, processes such as Apache, PHP Mail() (whatever "()" that means), and PHP Info (basically what controls the permissions of PHP files, if I'm correct) have been dissable completely until everything that went wrong is fixed. Then the rest of the process, and "lost" files (which X10 has remote back-ups of! so relax if you weren't savy enough to have YOUR OWN) will be recovered,.. things will start "powering up" again, life will go back to normal, and the forums will go quiet (except for the one's where people post just to gain credits) (lol)

So for the rest of you a**holes like me.... LEAVE STAFF ALONE... SPEND A FEW HOURS READING FORUMS and LEARN SOMETHING UNEXPECTED!!!:thefinger (JUST KIDDING!) (you guys put it here... lol)

Last edited:

Elesarr

Reaction score
(← one of those "freeloading moaner's") and I ONLY get that way when I look and look and look and look and.... well? ... cant find any recent, relivant, posts... or I find the EXACT same problem... old... and never addressed.

Anyhow... Playing around with file permissions in an attempt to "fix the problem yourself" would not be an advisable activity right at this point in chaos. (see bottom of this post) I spent hours searching the forums here, and on several other similiar sites, and hosting companys for similiar problems. What I accomplished was learning stuff I had no intention to learn (but usefull/helpful) and wasting a lot of time. I couldn't get an answer anywhere. and as previously stated, when I did find something, it hadn't been answered either. So... I go to the irc. I weed-sit for a while, so as to not barge in, and get a feel for whatever may be happening at the moment. I see.. "they're all done moving everything, so now you're safe to submit a ticket without being banned form support" WHAT? BANNED? SH*T!!!! I just put in a ticket!!!! CRAP!!!
and then it goes....their turn, my turn, their turn, my turn, php mail()??? ticket CLOSED. END
Now... here I am... thinking wtf? no one even gave me a clue as to what was going on (with this specific ticket) and they (support) just abruptly closed it when I answered the question they asked me. Not knowing what was "going on", and specifically trying to find out just that, getting nowhere and then getting the door closed in my face was just a little too much for me. My purpose is not to complain and b*tch about everything, but to help people remember that there are real people on BOTH side of the problem. My site isn't likely to just freakout on it's own... or vanish... or become incapacitated with out someone having done something. If it wasn't me ... it had to be someone else... and so my search *moaning* begins.

now that that's covered!>....

File permissions, backups, recovery, re-installing, or anything of that nature : 2nd week of June
While you're having problems that have cropped up "strangely" in the past WEEK, and your PHP mail no longer works... you MUST be aware that there are still MANY memory and processor intensive tasks being performed,.. in an attempt to correct some unexpected problems during recent server transfers. Because many of these processes require so much of the server's resources, processes such as Apache, PHP Mail() (whatever "()" that means), and PHP Info (basically what controls the permissions of PHP files, if I'm correct) have been dissable completely until everything that went wrong is fixed. Then the rest of the process, and "lost" files (which X10 has remote back-ups of! so relax if you weren't savy enough to have YOUR OWN) will be recovered,.. things will start "powering up" again, life will go back to normal, and the forums will go quiet (except for the one's where people post just to gain credits) (lol)

So for the rest of you a**holes like me.... LEAVE STAFF ALONE... SPEND A FEW HOURS READING FORUMS and LEARN SOMETHING UNEXPECTED!!!:thefinger (JUST KIDDING!) (you guys put it here... lol)

all the stuff you grumped about was explained in Corey's post on the 14th. And personally I find this post just as argumentative as the others I have seen from you the last 2-3 days, and you still show an unwillingness to accept your attitude in this whole matter when people did try to help you, myself included. You chose instead to be aggressive and have reaped the appropriate reward.

In point of fact, I warned what might happen in my reply to your thread here: cPanel Login Problem

Mail() is the sendmail function of PHP which you wrote an entire thread about the other day why do you still not know what it is :dunno:

Please do us all a favor take a couple of days to cool down and lose some of your aggressiveness before posting again...or are you shooting to be banned from the forums as well? :nuts:

@natho12345
again stoli server is down

for the love of all that is holy PLEASE stop posting these unnecessary status reports - WE ARE ALL aware the servers are going up and down - they continue to be worked on and will remain so until Corey posts otherwise.

Constantly reporting these things will NOT make staff suddenly be able to go faster, or get super hero powers and wave their hands over them and "oh look they are finished..." :rolleyes:

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
My comments on all this >>
censored3.gif

I'm just glad Corey separated the Discussion thread off from the News thread to which it relates. I'd hate for people just looking for a quick update on the server status to have to wade through all this lot!

As for people having a moan on this thread : as long as people feel better afterwards & can then move on, it's probably a good thing. :)

nchgaming

Reaction score
Thanks guys...really! I appreciate knowing how much we mean to you guys. (we meaning people who don't generate your precious profit.(as you so clearly threw out there)

tregtar

Reaction score
Constantly reporting these things will NOT make staff suddenly be able to go faster, or get super hero powers and wave their hands over them and "oh look they are finished..." :rolleyes:

LOL...that was so funny. A million years ago I used to manage a help desk for an investment bank. I litterly used to carry around a magic wand and tap people's desktops then say 'there it's magically fixed' when they would give me a hard time. It usually calmed them down and made them realize how uncorporative/unreasonable they were being.

zen-r

Reaction score
Thanks guys...really! I appreciate knowing how much we mean to you guys. .......

Actually, we are just members here, like you. We're not staff.

......(we meaning people who don't generate your precious profit....

No: "we" meaning those people who come here & do nothing but complain, & have nothing useful to contribute.

In case you hadn't realised, this is very much a community, where members try to help each other out. That is how things work here, & is how X10 is able to provide the free service.

http://forums.x10hosting.com/news-announcements/28666-if-you-dont-like-leave.html?highlight=leave

Elesarr

Reaction score
My comments on all this >>
censored3.gif

I'm just glad Corey separated the Discussion thread off from the News thread to which it relates. I'd hate for people just looking for a quick update on the server status to have to wade through all this lot!

As for people having a moan on this thread : as long as people feel better afterwards & can then move on, it's probably a good thing. :)

I really ought to be careful posting at 2am...in all fairness though, I'd quite frankly had enough of his bad mouthing Corey and the rest :rant2:... ;)

LOL...that was so funny. A million years ago I used to manage a help desk for an investment bank. I litterly used to carry around a magic wand and tap people's desktops then say 'there it's magically fixed' when they would give me a hard time. It usually calmed them down and made them realize how uncorporative/unreasonable they were being.

heh...the perks (I guess) of me posting at ungodly hours...lol You will probably not believe this but I almost used a magic-wand analogy...seriously! honest!....however thought to myself "ugh! its 2am come up with something better than that!" ...lol

thank you tregtar, glad I made you chuckle ;)

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
Can we all just move on now, & leave this floor open to those who wish to discuss the server upgrade or any problems they're having which haven't already been covered? :)

Elesarr

Reaction score
Can we all just move on now, & leave this floor open to those who wish to discuss the server upgrade or any problems they're having which haven't already been covered? :)

duly noted and you are, of course, quite right.

my apologies to all for the feeding frenzy...:happysad:

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks guys...really! I appreciate knowing how much we mean to you guys. (we meaning people who don't generate your precious profit.(as you so clearly threw out there)

Enjoy a 3 day ban on me.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score

I sincerely hope so, I was coming in to point out what Corey did in the news/announcements topic - As a free member, x10 doesn't owe anything, and yet the staff still work their @$$'s off to try and keep the service as best it can be. As Corey himself put it back in september of 2007, http://forums.x10hosting.com/news-announcements/28666-if-you-dont-like-leave.html (thread from 2007)

Enjoy a 3 day ban on me.

That should help get this moved back onto the server upgrade discussion :) Thanks!

natho12345

Reaction score
Corey Thank For Your Time On Helping us To Upgrade The Server You Rox Man^^

Continue To Keep Up The Good Work ^_^

swapcool

Reaction score
To everyon who are still facing some problem I will say stay cool and dont panic, everything will be fine and you wont lose anything.

My site is now working and all the issues that I was facing were rsolved by the staff.
I would really like to thank everyone in x10Hosting staff for all the efforts they have put in to get all the issues resolved.

davidjm

Reaction score
What whiners don't realize is this:

Given these particular circumstances, most other dime-a-dozen mom-and-pop free hosts would've already folded and sold/dropped the business, and the users would've lost their accounts without warning and without compensation for any data, time or effort lost or compromised in the process. That's what happens when most free hosts have a user-population explosion.

That said, kudos to the x10 staff! :biggrin:

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I will be making a new update tonight ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.