Latest Update - News Response

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidjm

Reaction score
I vote that the admins plaster a big sign up on the forum that says "STUFF IS NOT WORKING RIGHT NOW. WE KNOW." :biggrin:

Not that they don't have enough to do already!

zen-r

Reaction score
I vote that the admins plaster a big sign up on the forum that says "STUFF IS NOT WORKING RIGHT NOW. WE KNOW." :biggrin:

Not that they don't have enough to do already!

LOL. Half the people on x10 (noobs especially) still wouldn't bother to read it!

My site has been through various stages of not working over the last few days - I couldn't login, access cPanel, the site wouldn't load etc.

Did I report it? Did I try fiddling with settings & re-uploading files? Did I post queries in the forums? Did I submit a Support ticket? Did I even worry about it? NO!!

I just sat tight, & waited. And just as promised by Corey from the start of this process, my site is now back & operational. There might be more stuff which needs sorting out with the servers (though all seems fine now from my position) - & that too will, I'm sure, get sorted out in the near future.

So for all those people who have been getting in a flap over the last few days...... CHILL OUT!!

Please leave Corey & the team to get on with finishing off the transfer, & try wherever possible to stop wasting their time with all these temporary, & expected, problems. :)

Please click my Reputation button
reputation.gif
(at the corner of this post) & make me :) -it costs you nothing!

If I've traded services/credits with you, please remember to leave iTrader Feedback. Thanks.​

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
LOL. Half the people on x10 (noobs especially) still wouldn't bother to read it!

My site has been through various stages of not working over the last few days - I couldn't login, access cPanel, the site wouldn't load etc.

Did I report it? Did I try fiddling with settings & re-uploading files? Did I post queries in the forums? Did I submit a Support ticket? Did I even worry about it? NO!!

I just sat tight, & waited. And just as promised by Corey from the start of this process, my site is now back & operational. There might be more stuff which needs sorting out with the servers (though all seems fine now from my position) - & that too will, I'm sure, get sorted out in the near future.

So for all those people who have been getting in a flap over the last few days...... CHILL OUT!!

Please leave Corey & the team to get on with finishing off the transfer, & try wherever possible to stop wasting their time with all these temporary, & expected, problems. :)

Quoting for truth!

Seriously, couldn'tve really been put much better. So many posts asking why free users weren't notified, and it's odd - I seem to remember -lots- of posts indicating updates were in the works.

http://forums.x10hosting.com/news-announcements/97909-would-you-give-up-cpanel-better-uptime.html
http://forums.x10hosting.com/news-announcements/98081-some-changes.html
http://forums.x10hosting.com/news-a...hanges-new-option-fantastico-alternative.html
http://forums.x10hosting.com/server-alerts/98034-chopin.html
http://forums.x10hosting.com/server-alerts/97962-cossacks.html
http://forums.x10hosting.com/server-alerts/97922-lotus.html
http://forums.x10hosting.com/news-announcements/98132-update.html
http://forums.x10hosting.com/news-announcements/98362-latest-updates.html

(Not really in any order although it seems I dug them up almost in chronological).

I'm just gunna leave it there and let people decide if about 8 threads is enough warning :)

xPlozion

Reaction score
that and if i remember correctly, it's a requirement for all free users to be on the forums at least _ONCE_ every two weeks...

if they haven't viewed any of the posts in the news topic, then that's their fault, not the staff...

ps, is it ok to create a support ticket now? i'm missing almost all of my files, and i'm not seeing anything in the news about them still transferring files...

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
that and if i remember correctly, it's a requirement for all free users to be on the forums at least _ONCE_ every two weeks...

if they haven't viewed any of the posts in the news topic, then that's their fault, not the staff...

ps, is it ok to create a support ticket now? i'm missing almost all of my files, and i'm not seeing anything in the news about them still transferring files...

Yes, feel free to submit a ticket if you are missing any files at this point. I do believe Corey said so in his last update for the first topic regarding the account move.

If possible, state what files/folders are missing and we can restore those only.

rjvilla

Reaction score
Folks look.... a lot of this is common sense. Put yourself in their shoes (I have. I built a large business supporting many users).

Face it... the primary thing that brings people here is the free service offering. No just imagine what would happen if a big sign along the road said FREE IPODS PULL IN HERE. The place would be jammed and you wouldn't be able to move. No imagine there were 3 guys all in charge of dealing with all those people. Handing them out, Helping set them up, etc. It would be a nightmare.

Not only that, let's say a bunch of people got their IPODS and didn't like them for one reason or another. Well they were free, right? So they just toss them on the ground and drive away. Now these same 3 guys have to clean up that mess too. How do you effectively manage such a process? You have to develop a procedure, perhaps get some appreciative voluteers to help out in theri free time.... things like that? Sound familiar?

My guess is that this was already experienced in the "early days" hence the very specific sign up process. Which, I might add, is very well done. The 2 week requirement to log into the forums, while inconvenient, is about the best method I have seen to "bring a horse to water" now the "drinking" part is up to the horse, right? So who is to blame if the horse dies from dehydration? (I know... I'm full of analogys)

The point is, pay attention to what is going on here and don't assume you are the only person that is jammed and needs help. Try and do something to make a difference instead of banging on the table and throwing a tantrum. The big picture is the FREE hosting just got better. New servers with more memory and processing power. How lucky are we? This is killer. Take the growing pains and deal with them as best you can. If it is really that big of a problem, there are plenty of paid services with uptime gurantees that you can go to.

I'm new here myself. Just cause I'm new to the neighborhood doesn't mean I can't pitch in somewhere. Hopefully my perspective here will help some folks. If there is anything I can offer to help smooth things over.... well, I'm here. Just let me know.

Joe
www.ridewithjoe.com formerly on Lotus... now on Stoli :)

xPlozion

Reaction score
welcome, enjoyed the post w/ all the analogs :p

i too was on lotus but now on stoli... i'm gonna miss lotus (been w/ since signup...)

nchgaming

Reaction score
Face it... the primary thing that brings people here is the free service offering. No just imagine what would happen if a big sign along the road said FREE IPODS PULL IN HERE. The place would be jammed and you wouldn't be able to move. No imagine there were 3 guys all in charge of dealing with all those people. Handing them out, Helping set them up, etc. It would be a nightmare.

Not only that, let's say a bunch of people got their IPODS and didn't like them for one reason or another. Well they were free, right? So they just toss them on the ground and drive away. Now these same 3 guys have to clean up that mess too. How do you effectively manage such a process? You have to develop a procedure, perhaps get some appreciative voluteers to help out in theri free time.... things like that? Sound familiar?

The point is, pay attention to what is going on here and don't assume you are the only person that is jammed and needs help. Try and do something to make a difference instead of banging on the table and throwing a tantrum. The big picture is the FREE hosting just got better. New servers with more memory and processing power. How lucky are we? This is killer. Take the growing pains and deal with them as best you can. If it is really that big of a problem, there are plenty of paid services with uptime gurantees that you can go to.
AWESOME POST!

"NOT EVERYTHING IS WORKING RIGHT NOW... WE KNOW."

With everything that's going on, Corey should be consider "The GOD of Mass Hosting"! I'ts VERY important that WE ALL check the forums for updates, and announcements before going bananas. No results.... try using the SEARCH, and look for "recent posts" "containing..." and search! AND EVEN THEN, give it a day or so to "straighten it's self out". If you're site is down, and the server is not responding FOR MORE THAN 15 minutes, THEN search for the reason. By the time you find it, your site just might already be back! Remember, you're not the only one on the server! and others will probably experience the same as you.

Hail Lord Corey!!!

changc

Reaction score
I think there is a huge lack of common sense these days.

No, I mean it. I mean, on any forum you go to, anywhere, half of the time the questions people ask can be answered by Googling it, or searching around the appropriate places. But people these days, they just lack any self-respect or initiative.

It makes me very sad.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Man, if you guys think the forums are bad I wish you could see our support system with the tickets ;).

I greatly appreciate everyone's understanding, even with the analogies.

Believe me, I do not like moving around thousands of accounts... when we see an opportunity to provide better service in the future even if it means jumbling things up right now we have to take it. We're all working very hard to get things running and I'm not going to lie, the hundreds of pointless tickets that people make because they can't bother to read a few simple posts really slows things down.

Back to work!

swapcool

Reaction score
For the support ticket I opened I got the following response

"We have no record of your account existing, you may signup again."

Till yseterday I was able to log in to Account Panel and it showed the status is fine.
But today it shows following message
"In order to use your hosting account, you must confirm an
email address to be associated with it."

Does this mean my site is gone :(

I host two sites on the account www.amritaraofansite.com and www.worldoft20.com both are more than 1 year old and unfortunately I dont have database of file backup of either. If the account is not back my efforts of more than 1 year will be lost.

I am really scared it will be a huge loss for me.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
For the support ticket I opened I got the following response

"We have no record of your account existing, you may signup again."

Till yseterday I was able to log in to Account Panel and it showed the status is fine.
But today it shows following message
"In order to use your hosting account, you must confirm an
emailaddress to be associated with it."

Does this mean my site is gone :(

I host two sites on the account www.amritaraofansite.com and www.worldoft20.com both are more than 1 year old and unfortunately I dont have database of file backup of either. If the account is not back my efforts of more than 1 year will be lost.

I am really scared it will be a huge loss for me.

Please post back to your ticket with the information you just wrote here, and I'm sure it can be resolved.

Last edited:

xpbrian

Reaction score
Hmm te MySQLi Extension is not installed on Starka so MyBB cant find the database Please could you please put it back?

Last edited:

wardoc

Reaction score
I am starting to worry now. My site (koa.x10hosting.com) wasn't there anymore at the 9th of june, but I followed the update thread and didn't post a ticket until the 10th, when we where asked to, if our websites wheren't back again.

Ticked ID: LHZ-535585 Posted On: 10 Jun 2009 6:10 AM
My site koa.x10hosting.com was on the cossacks server. The site doesn't work after the move and update. I can however log in to my account management panel. Cpanel of my site doesn't work either. I saw on the forums that ppl that have had their site on cossacks should have their site up and running and if not, they should make a support ticket. So here it is:)

Following additions where made:
Posted On: 10 Jun 2009 2:48 PM (by Victor)
what is your cPanel username?

Posted On: 10 Jun 2009 6:56 PM (by wardoc)
my Cpanel user name is wardoc

Posted On: 10 Jun 2009 10:00 PM (by wardoc)
Account management panel doesn't work either anymore

Posted On: 11 Jun 2009 8:56 AM (by Syed)
During the transfer of accounts, we lost a few accounts due to the datacenter taking off the old servers offline, abruptly. It seems to me that your account might be among those lost for which we apologise. We are still checking to see if we have backups of your account.

Sofar I have been very patient, but you can imagine that this is starting to get scary. I realize I have asked before on an ETA on solving the problems, and I know not everything is working out as it was planned.
But can please someone ease my mind and tell me you guys, being the professionals you are, did make a backup before changing anything, that my data is on that backup and that I will get my website back? It would be a great personal loss to me if I lost my site and to start over again, not to mention the loss for my 50+ guild members that would have lost their information and collaboration source.

erascal

Reaction score
Sigh... I'm still having problems and I can't seem to log a support ticket either...

I've received complaints from site users telling me that the pdf files (uploaded on my server) do not open. Is this connected the existing issue?

I hope everything will work out soon.

Kudos to Corey and team for all the hard work!

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Wardoc I see a backup of your account from June 8th.

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.