Latest Update - News Response

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankfriend

Reaction score
Hi,

I have put in a support ticket as it seems my site have been among those missed out in the transfer. I really hope the backups work - especially as the Forum is only backed up on x10hosting.com.

I seem to have been down since at least last Monday. The good aspect is that users are getrting worried - they care!

xadrieth

Reaction score
Thank you for all the hard work your doing.

But is the lotus server even up right now, and can anyone give me it's IP so i can edit my DNS?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
IP would be: 69.162.70.130, to my knowledge Lotus should be alive

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
One thing I don't understand;

I see a lot of posts here & elsewhere in the forum from people who are panicking that their site is gone at the moment. They say that their site is extremely important to them, that there a lot of irreplaceable files/data etc going back a long way that they really couldn't bear to lose. Restoration of their site is urgent. It's down to X10 to get their files found & restored as soon as possible.

And then in the next breath they say that they themselves haven't bothered to make any back-ups of their site.

Well forgive me if I'm mistaken here, but it doesn't sound to me like their site mattered very much to them up until this point, if they hadn't even bothered to follow rule number one :

Make a back-up of any data that is important to you.

Seems a bit fundamental to me, especially seeing as how easy X10 has made it for us to do this. But then, what do I know? ;)

Please click my Reputation button
reputation.gif
(at the corner of this post) & make me :) -it costs you nothing!

If I've traded services/credits with you, please remember to leave iTrader Feedback. Thanks.​

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
And then in the next breath they say that they themselves haven't bothered to make any back-ups of their site.

Well forgive me if I'm mistaken here, but it doesn't sound to me like their site mattered very much to them up until this point, if they hadn't even bothered to follow rule number one :

Make a back-up of any data that is important to you.

Maybe they're using x10 for their backup location! :lol:
Or is that illegal?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
it would probably be, as you may NOT use the account for file server.

Not long ago there were no automated backups on the free servers, the r1soft things is relatively new. When I signed up I was told backing up my data were my responsibility...

Though or course x10 made backups when they were making major changes, like this one.

Yes, they've been there before transferring account onto better servers. Now those servers are replaced by even better ones :D

fractalfeline

Reaction score
Oh yay! And here I thought I was a total noob and set up my co.cc wrong or something. Heh. I guess check back later/tomorrow to see if it's working. :happysad: Glad I checked the forums.

nandifamily

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
How's the server business going on? Hope everyone is working busily.

Here I see that many of my files and directories have been missing from my account. I could not back them up in one go because x10 rolled out automated backups and the manual backups were disabled from then on. I thought it would make my work easier by not worrying about backing up most of the files, and saving only the ones I really need. Now I see that this feature has created a headache for me, as after the server transfer, most of my files are missing. I posted a support ticket ID EZU-684362, and told the staff to restore all my data. Corey instantly did it and posted a reply that he had done it. I logged in to my account to check whether all my files had been restored. To my shock I saw that there was no change! I then replied telling what files I was missing and also told what PHP scripts were installed in the folders. After that I did not get a single reply. I am really worried because if I lose the files on the server, the files I had taken a backup of would not work. If I do a fresh install of the scripts, my files will not work and I have to start from scratch. I am very worried and feeling sick.
What am I to do in this situation? And the files?

PLEASE HELP!

xoroso

Reaction score
After update my hosting account is gone. I posted a ticket (EAA-123880), but in couple days support staff havent done anything about it. My forum and support accounts are ok, but hosting account is missing. I can't connect to ftp, database or anything. Everything is gone. Any chance to get some help?

shangyi

Reaction score
After update my hosting account is gone. I posted a ticket (EAA-123880), but in couple days support staff havent done anything about it. My forum and support accounts are ok, but hosting account is missing. I can't connect to ftp, database or anything. Everything is gone. Any chance to get some help?
hey me too i have exactly the same problem. I've also posted a ticket and hopefully we'll get a reply. Btw what is ur server?

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Just a quick message for you two - remember that there are likely hundreds or even thousands of people that believe there is something wrong with their files and have submitted tickets. It takes a long time for support staff to look through all these tickets, so just keep your patience, and I know your problem will be addressed as soon as possible (as long as it's a legitimate problem).

swapcool

Reaction score
Looks like lot of tickets are logged, no response to my ticket from yesterday :(

shangyi

Reaction score
I'm cossacks too.
Lets just be patient as the team is working really hard ;)

Last edited:

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
We are currently dealing with a heavier than normal ticket volume. It probably will take about a day or so until you get a reply. If you are missing files or your account has disappeared it will take longer as restoring accounts is a slow process.

Please don't make multiple tickets for the same issue or reply to your ticket saying you are waiting for a answer if it is still open. Doing so will only push you to the end of the waiting list.

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
Aww i guess im not cool enough to stay on cossacks *emo cry*
Well i hope everything works out fine.

BTW, does X10 really have an office, with like PHONES?

will i get a ban if i call that number just to say hello and i love you

Status
Not open for further replies.