Latest Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just giving an update here while I have a minute of free time.

We're still hard at work on bug fixing and implementing features such as the PHP system into the site. I hope the PHP system will be out in the next week or so, some unforeseen issues with PHP 5.3 have caused issues with our backend. Once these are resolved we will be moving on to suspension handling and PHP upgrades inside the account management panel.

Because we don't have a good way to handle suspensions, especially the inactivity ones we have not been suspending for inactivity. Once we get the suspension handling built into the AMP we will start this up again. This should help clear up some slowness on the servers. On that note as far as I know we'll be adding an additional free server at the end of this week to help share the load until we can get all our server side stuff done.

Lotus has been restored from an image we took on Jan 29th. We tried for 2 days to recover as much data as possible. I believe we recovered ALL the databases before the hard drive stopped responding completely. We recovered SOME data but I'm not sure how much. The hard drive is attached to the server as a secondary drive now and we will continue to try and get data off of it. We have also brought on another backup server, this will allow us to keep daily images of every free server so if another drive failure happens we can restore an image within a few hours and will only lose a maximum of 24 hrs. We planned on having this implemented by the end of the month but of course bad luck happens and we had a drive failure before we could get it in.

We will be performing server maintenance shortly on all free servers to update cPanel and fix some settings, I will create a server alert for this.

Questions?

Please note we do not provide support in news threads.

stsights

Reaction score
Hi Corey. Just a Question. This updates to Cpanel will get back the standar backup that existed before??
Thanks.
Another question. I dont know if is a server issue but in lotus when I have a php error I can see the error in the page, where could I enable this??
Thank you again and thank you for take the time to enable lotus again

Last edited:

vol7ron

Reaction score
stsights, that is more of a question for the support staff and not to be answered here.

Corey, my question concerns the functionality of CPanel and Installs noted: here

Older versions of CPanel had a "Optimize Web" feature. I think it allowed Apache to use the mod_deflate or mod_gzip to gzip filetypes. There were also a few more CPanel functions that have since went missing. Is the plan to restore these features as well?

Thank you,
vol7ron

usector

Reaction score
Thank you, that is good news for me on possible getting the Lotus MySQL restored. I opened a support case (and accidentaly refreshed page, so it opened 2) requesting the DB gets restored.

Is this all I have to do in order to get restored?

stealth_thunder

Reaction score
thanks for the update Corey its really good to know what x10hosting been doing each day or each week.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Should this generally improve the consistency of the servers then?? My site has been quite on and off on the absolut server

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, mine too.

I wonder what's the problem? If it's not a security issue could you tell us what is going on. Maybe somebody on this forum could help you.

yii-designs

Reaction score
were you able to retrieve data for any later dates?
it was very important for me.

rkmon

Reaction score
When is the server for starka going to be stable and not on off all day?

usector

Reaction score
Other than the databases, currently no at this point.

Hi Brandon,

What about retreiving the datbases off the harddrive that was failing? For some reason, the one that was restored for me didnt contain latest data. It had been mentioned that you may be able to look at the old harddrive again and see if you can get my DB?

yevusi

Reaction score
just to be clear on the status,
is the Lotus server up and running now ?

i'm asking this because i can't access my website and i can't find the current server status information,

Methax

Reaction score
I'm on Chopin and its going down every minute or so :/ Just wondering, how long has these problems been happening? Just joined a few days ago...hoping this is just a rare occurrence =P

garrensilverwing

Reaction score
when will lotus be back up because i cannot access my website nor can i log into cpanel, since support is offline more than the server i was just wondering...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.