Leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.

wlfmn63

Reaction score
Rather than offer any measure of help, your very rude customer service person, stpvoice, chose instead to drive away potential business for you. Here is the response I got from him/her:

Hello,

Your account is not suspended.
As we suck so much, I suggest you leave. I've pasted the termination form below for you to fill in.

Account Deletion Request - Please delete my free hosting account.
cPanel username:
( ) Inserting an X inside the parentheses signifies that I have made all necessary backups of my free hosting account and will not hold x10Hosting responsible for any data I am unable to recover after my free hosting account is deleted. The X also serves as my digital signature verifying that I have proper authorization to request account deletion of the account specified.
Next time, remember that this is a free service. You are getting web hosting for absolutely nothing and all you can do is sit there and insult us. I suppose you're completely unaware that free hosting support is run mainly by volunteers?

Thanks for using x10.

I did not insult anyone that did not have it coming. I have struggled mightily with your service since I first applied for it over a year ago. I have submitted various support requests, complaints, etc. to only have my intelligence insulted. The above is just one example of the humiliating treatment I have received on your PUBLIC forum.

So,I am following up on stpvoice's request that I terminate my account. Let me ask you - have you ever been a car salesman? If so, did you get mad at customers that had a poor test drive on a lemon of a car? Did you tell them that they could just leave? Or did you try to squelch their complaint by showing them another vehicle that may interest them in order to keep their business?My test drive of your service sucked, so I guess I won't be buying your premium service as your emails have tried to convince me to do!

I don't care that your customer service people are volunteers - that does not give them carte blanche to act like jerks!

Account Deletion Request - Please delete my free hosting account.
cPanel username: wlfmn63
(X) Inserting an X inside the parentheses signifies that I have made all necessary backups of my free hosting account and will not hold x10Hosting responsible for any data I am unable to recover after my free hosting account is deleted. The X also serves as my digital signature verifying that I have proper authorization to request account deletion of the account specified.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Hello,

I have marked your account for deletion pending a 14-day waiting period. Should you change your mind about deleting your account, please post a new thread requesting unsuspension so that your account can be taken out of the deletion queue.

And to clarify, NOBODY here deserves to be insulted, so in my mind (and in the minds of many others I've spoken to), stpvoice's response was completely justifiable. Personal insults are put simply not tolerated here, and if you geared that at the host instead of at the support staff, stp even pasted the termination form so that you didn't have to look at how to leave should that be what you wanted to do. Looking through your post history I could not see any other instances of support representatives being rude, which adds another unjustified claim to that little rant you have above.

Last edited:

wlfmn63

Reaction score
I did not insult him personally. I didn't mean to insult anyone personally. I was frustrated. To me, your system sucks. You do not treat free users very well, as stpvoice's reply shows. How x10 hopes to turn free users into paying customers with attitudes like his/hers is beyond me. Volunteers or not, you need to learn how to answer people's questions, even if they are frustrated and they say things you don't like.

I was being suspended countless times over using too many resources. Yet my account page (the little pie chart graph) said I had used ZERO bandwidth. This was not the first time - it was consistent every time you people suspended me for bandwidth usage. Can you explain to me why it is that I get suspended when your own system shows there is no bandwidth issue? I also think that suspending an account over not logging into a forum is unfair.

No need to wait the 14 days - I will not change my mind. I have hooked up with a much better web host - one that doesn't seem to mind free users as much as stpvoice does.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
High resource usage has NOTHING to do with bandwidth.

It means your account was using more then its fair share of CPU/RAM at that given time. If you had ever asked, we could have checked the logs and helped try to solve that. More on what high resource usage means can be found at: http://x10hosting.com/wiki/High_Resource_Usage

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I can explain it very simply, because the suspension message itself explains it too:

2011-07-28 12:36:10 You have been suspended for high system resource usage. Accounts are suspended for usage when they are detected to have consistently high cpu usage, memory usage, or process amounts.

Bandwidth is -not- mentioned as a reason for the HRU suspension to be applied, because it is not factored into high resource usage.

Ticket closed; good luck at your new host.

Status
Not open for further replies.