Linux Distros?

Iceman

Reaction score
What is your favorite, as far as features and things goes? And what is the easiest for beginners to use?

P.S.: Please don't clog this topic with Windows XP or Windows in general, I greatly dislike wars over these sorts of things and just want to hear about Linux.

Richard

Reaction score
My faviorate is SuSE (Pro/Enterprise)

and The best for beginners is SuSE/Mandrivia

Richard

Reaction score
Yes, it was changed after Mandrake bought Conectiva.

zhizhaqy

Reaction score
i like to use mandrake as my first in linux but now i am using slackware.

Mandrake is user friendly (easy for install and easy to use) i am not using mandriva yet so i don't know how about it.

if you want try other's linux .. you can try Linux Live CD (e.g :knoppix). Linux live cd is linux on cd . You don't need install on your hard disk .. just booting from cd rom .. make sure cd rom is your Fisrt Booting. Just wait and see .. you can try linux. I think you will like it.

Iceman said:
What is your favorite, as far as features and things goes? And what is the easiest for beginners to use?

P.S.: Please don't clog this topic with Windows XP or Windows in general, I greatly dislike wars over these sorts of things and just want to hear about Linux.

komodolinux

Reaction score
komodolinux or its parent distro pclinuxos. pclinuxos is derived from mandrake 9.2.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
komodolinux said:
komodolinux or its parent distro pclinuxos. pclinuxos is derived from mandrake 9.2.
Yeah I heard that was good also. I have tried this one and I personly love it...better security and may more things.

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I salvage and repair unwanted computers so am big fan of the Puppy distro.
The small pawprint and RAM requirements make it ideal for breathing new
life into an older PC.