Linux Needed! Please Read And Help Me!

supajason

Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm in need of some help with my router! I have a Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO Router which is fine but i have discovered it have a huge security hole enabling anyone to download my config file without login in which im not happy about! Belkin have no firmware update to fix this but they are aware of it. So Belkin have some GPL Source Code firmware that i would like to try and then fix this bug but (this is where you come in) it all needs compiling which me using windows and have little experince with linux gives me a problem, so i need someone to compile it for me or help me setup a linux environment to complie it.

I offer 600 credits!

Please Help Me

supajason

Reaction score
ok i have found this its for a different firmware but its says about setting up the user environment.

1000 credits now please somebody!

Jon.Monreal

Reaction score
ok i have found this its for a different firmware but its says about setting up the user environment.

1000 credits now please somebody!

I see a couple of Pre-Release Firmware Updates on the right-hand side, if that is what you are looking for. I bet one of these would work. Just check your router to see if it is of the 3xxx or 5xxx series, and then download either the 3 or 5 update from the right-hand pane.

Otherwise, I could probably compile this for you. However, installing the new firmware would still be up to you, and I'm not sure how Belkin's routers handle firmware updates. Also, I would need to know what version of the F5D9230 router you have (3xxx or 5xxx). This can likely be found on the bottom of your router.

EDIT: Upon searching the internet, it seems that some of these updates can be unstable and even harmful to the router. You should consider this before proceeding.

Last edited:

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
supajason, go to
http://192.168.2.1/
and tell us what the model number of your router is. From there, you can also check for updates on your router and install them. :)

supajason

Reaction score
I have a F5D9230-4 ver. 3000uk.
I have seen the pre-release firmware and make do that if i cant build my own.

Jon.Monreal if you could compile "F5D9230 version 3xxx - GPL Source Code 3.01.65" A+ stuff

I am offering the credits for the person who can build(s) or tell me how to build the source code!

I contacted belkin and they said they dont support linux O/S

I think thats really funny becasue there routers run linux!!!

Last edited:

GBH187

Reaction score
jason i think your mistaken as to what you need to do,

Download the updated firmware from Belkin's site and install it on your router, it is available pre-compiled.

supajason

Reaction score
I know the pre-release has a the fix now but still i want to build one myself :)

UPDATE

I posted in linuxforums.org for some help and somebody has answered :):):):) so im installing Fedora core 2 and going to give it a shot.

for now the offer is over but if im unable to compile i will re-offer 100 credits for help!

Last edited:

Jon.Monreal

Reaction score
I know the pre-release has a the fix now but still i want to build one myself :)

UPDATE

I posted in linuxforums.org for some help and somebody has answered :):):):) so im installing Fedora core 2 and going to give it a shot.

for now the offer is over but if im unable to compile i will re-offer 100 credits for help!

If you need further help, feel free to send me a PM.

P.S. FEDORA CORE 2!? Why not just use the Fedora 9 LiveCD. You can compile using the LiveCD, then move the files over to your Windows partition, instead of having to dual-boot Windows and Linux. If you are really interested in getting to know Linux, however, you should try a newer version of Fedora (such as Fedora 9, whose LiveCD contains an installer), or you could try an easier-to-use distro such as Ubuntu or PCLinuxOS.