Login attempt failed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I am in desperate need of my page which is down now since 7 days and since the changes x10hosting has made to "chopin" server. (My page is http://phuket-meditation.com.) A short list of my problems

1. Cannot log in to my CPanel. Changing password doesn`t help as well. Error Message is: "Login attempt failed!" every single time with every different Password and without capslock.
  2. My Webpage is down since 2000 accounts have been copied to the new "chopin" server. Error Message: "Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL". It did not recover yet.
  3. Since I cannot login to my CPanel I can`t help myself here and fix files. Filezilla doesn`t work as well. Error message: "530 Login authentication failed"
So I am not able to fix this problems on my own and I simply can`t give you more details then I already gave you. That`s all I know too. I need this page quite urgently and beg you to help me and answer me. There must be some account manager who could at least kindly help me to access my CPanel and my Database again???

Reaction score
Hi Boss,

Thanks for the help first of all! So I followed your steps and at the menu "modify your account" there was no password reset function. However I see the "change cPanel password" menu. This is what I did two times already but that didn`t work. At "modify your account" there is only this menu to change:

main account domain
email address
full name
date of birth
country

Then I can set if I wanted to recieve emails or use a subdomain. Thats all in this menu.
I always get the error message: "Login attempt failed". Changing the password doesn`t help and I don`t find the reset function in the menu you said it should be in.
Sorry to bother you but it really seems to be some strange problem I guesss.

best regards
Tobi

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
I have this same issue. Escalating to staff.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
I have this same issue. Escalating to staff.

Escalation is not working at the moment...

Wait for staff member to reply here in this thread.

Sorry for that...
Click on Modify My Account on Right Sidebar. Reset your cpanel password there.

Click on "Change cPanel Password"

Last edited:
Reaction score
Dear Boss,

As I said before and now again. I`ve tried exactly this steps three times now and I followed your suggestion once again - nothing helped. I can`t log in to my cPanel anymore.

So - Changing the cPanel password within my account doesn`t help at all

Instead I get the same error message over and over again: "Login attempt failed!"

My username is "menny".
I can`t believe it, before the big move everything was just working perfectly fine and now I have to let my customers run into a "Cannot connect to the database" Errorpage which is very embarrasing for a page like ours.
Please, I have one request: Please don`t tell me to change the password again, I did it often enough to see that it just doesn`t work. I am a little desperate here as you can see. Please don`t take it personal, I just need this access as quick as possible and you are probably having more possibilities to help me then I have at the moment. Any good and active help is greatly appreciated here.

Best regards
Tobi

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Dear Boss,

As I said before and now again. I`ve tried exactly this steps three times now and I followed your suggestion once again - nothing helped. I can`t log in to my cPanel anymore.

So - Changing the cPanel password within my account doesn`t help at all

Instead I get the same error message over and over again: "Login attempt failed!"

My username is "menny".
I can`t believe it, before the big move everything was just working perfectly fine and now I have to let my customers run into a "Cannot connect to the database" Errorpage which is very embarrasing for a page like ours.
Please, I have one request: Please don`t tell me to change the password again, I did it often enough to see that it just doesn`t work. I am a little desperate here as you can see. Please don`t take it personal, I just need this access as quick as possible and you are probably having more possibilities to help me then I have at the moment. Any good and active help is greatly appreciated here.

Best regards
Tobi

In Account Panel click on View Suspension report. and see If you have any data about suspension..

Reaction score
Dear Boss,

Thanks for sticking to this! I appreciate that.I checked and voila!

"You have been suspended for high system resource usage. Accounts are suspended for usage when they are detected to have consistently high cpu usage, memory usage, or process amounts. This is an automatic suspension, you're able to unsuspend yourself immediately. Warning 1 of 3"

So what can I do now? There is no unsuspend button nowhere???
Great Boss, your help really is getting me somewhere! :) I actually didn`t do anything that might cause high usage or something like that. Infact I even didin`t log in to move any files for a long time now. Does this come from too much visitors??? Anyway, lets solve this :)

Best regards
Tobi

Last edited:

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Dear Boss,

Thanks for sticking to this! I appreciate that.I checked and voila!

"You have been suspended for high system resource usage. Accounts are suspended for usage when they are detected to have consistently high cpu usage, memory usage, or process amounts. This is an automatic suspension, you're able to unsuspend yourself immediately. Warning 1 of 3"

So what can I do now? Gret Boss, your help really is getting me somewhere! :) I actually didn`t do anything that might cause high usage or something like that. Infact I even didin`t log in to move any files for a long time now. Does this come from too much visitors??? Anyway, lets solve this :)

Best regards
Tobi

Click on unsuspend and Your Account will be working again ;)

Feel free to post back if you have any more problem..

Reaction score
Good Morning Boss,

Alright, here`s the issue: There is no "unsuspend" option anywhere. I know it used to be there. On the frontpage of my account panel it says: "Your account is currently in good standing" :biggrin:
Usually where this option was before it says now:
unsuspension not applicable
And on the most recent suspension there is only a warning in the suspension report but nowhere else. So what am I supposed to do here?
My problem in one sentence:

No unsuspension option in ANY menu in the account panel.
Best regards and thanks again for beeing there.

Tobi

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Your account is not currently suspended.
I can see your front page with the MySQL error.

Reaction score
Hi there,

Yes, this is true and I mentioned that at the start of this thread as well. Those are my problems. Maybe you can help me with this?
Best regards
Tobi

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
The software/script you are using should have a configuration file.
A variable named something like $dbhost should be set to 'localhost' not something like chopin-mysql@x10hosting.com

Reaction score
Yes, I know but I cannot access my cPanel at all. Nothing works anymore. Please kindly read the first post of this thread again so you may see that I don`t have access. I am talking about three different problems. Anyway I appreciate you trying to help me ;) I believe someone from the staff needs to re-do my account cause after the migration NOTHING works as it should whereas before evrything was fine.

Cheers
Tobi

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, I know but I cannot access my cPanel at all. Nothing works anymore. Please kindly read the first post of this thread again so you may see that I don`t have access. I am talking about three different problems. Anyway I appreciate you trying to help me ;) I believe someone from the staff needs to re-do my account cause after the migration NOTHING works as it should whereas before evrything was fine.

Cheers
Tobi

You are taking this much too calmly. Maybe meditation works.

Will escalate to Admins:

Problem:

cannot logon to cPanel, has tried to change password

Once that is fixed, we can start on the MySQL problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.