Login in cpanel monthly

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtramone

Reaction score
Just a suggestion if you have not seen my reply in that thread about someone site being closed due to inactivity. This is towards the staff of x10hosting. People would not forget to login in to cpanel if reminded like with an email two times a month. Reason I say this is I just put up my site with wordpress. I got a theme I can upload through wordpress administration. Does that even count as login? I use the Filezilla too, and does that even count for the monthly login. I would like to know, and I am sure others would like to know. It probably not in the TOS about filezilla or wordpress or CMS sites counted as logins for the month. I will read the TOS after this post, but if they are not in the TOS, can you add that so people will know?

Edit: Just read this post Inactivity Policy, which is dated 6-25-2010. If it was updated should say the date it was. 6-25-2010 is not recent. That is over two years ago. Also, there a people that are busy, and can't remember every single detail ever single second of the day to login to a cpanel. At least ones that work overtime at their jobs. I could not find TOS, just the Inactivity Policy thread.

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Inactivity You are required to access the x10Hosting Account Portal and authenticate as your account at least once every 30 days

You are getting something for free. If it isn't worth a couple of minutes of your time a month, maybe you should reconsider how important your site is to you.

Last edited:

xtramone

Reaction score
So I guess the people that are busy don't count, they are just screwed for not logging in? Maybe people do not keep logging in to the CPanel every time do to wordpress and cms login uploading through administration. Filezilla uploads. Wow, I already mentioned all this. I know its free, but this hosting so far is the only one I know of with a login limit to a cpanel you probably only use once in rare moment to add stuff to site. CMS does every thing right in Administration. What is the point of a CMS site if you have to do it all through hosting. Sounds to me like people don't forget things or at least this hosting doesn't. I guess since I do not remember every single login into every single site every single time that I will not forget that if I logged into the cpanel or not and have a chance of having site cancelled, because hosting thinks its better to let them shut it down. I read some threads in here that say people logged in and still got cancelled. So I better be perfect or I lose my site.

I would just hate being sidetracked with other things and open my page to find out it is not even there at all. People do get sidetracked with other things in their lives. I guess I will have to leave a note on my computer to remind myself.

Last edited:

xtramone

Reaction score
Cool! Thanks for location on TOS. I would of found it if I wanted to, but thanks.:smile:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Unless something changed recently you would actually get a warning email when you come close to risk being suspended for inactivity (roughly a week before you'd be suspended I think).

You would also get an email stating you have been suspended if you miss that first one, you would then have 2 weeks (no less but could be longer) to log in to the account portal and unsuspend yourself before it gets terminated.

Sending out regular reminders might be handy from a user point of view, but in all honesty, the policy is largely there to see who actually are interested in using their account, so unused ones can be cleared out from the servers instead of clogging up and using resources totally unnecessary. Sending reminders too often would defeat that purpose to an extent, there's of course also other reasons we want you to log in regularly, to make sure you would get informed of changes, or maintenance, planned is one important reason too.

Do note that logging into cPanel (which would be on yourserver.x10hosting.com:2083) will not count, only logging into the account portal (located at x10hosting.com/portal/) does, they are two different things, although to an extent connected to eachothers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.