Login successful but can never access DA, always get error

Status
Not open for further replies.

chartwel

Reaction score
After login successful, click on open CPanel, and always get

Sign in Successful
Please standby while transfer you to your web hosting account.

An error has occurred forwarding your sign in. Retry

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like the cause for issue is your IP changes along the way, the session is started with one IP and then it changes making the session reset causing the login to fail.

I did notice that you are on a mobile connection (at least judging from the look up on the IPs involved), this is unfortunately not an uncommon issue with mobile connections and the log does indicate two IPs (the session file is a mistmatch to the second).

Interestingly though I see you start at one IP and then being rejected on the second with the same IP pairs more then once, which could indicate some kind of proxy being in play, possibly on ISP side as both IPs belong to the same company.

Are you only able to use that mobile connection? Due to the nature it would likely not allow you to login directly to DA either or at least kick you out fairly quick due to IP changing.

learn2ea

Reaction score
Hello Admin, I'm having the exact same issue. I believe the migration of my website went wrong, I can actually see the website frontend, but I can not reach the backend of the website, rather the cpanel of the hosting. Can you please check into this. the account information is as follow:

Domain: http://learn2earntrading.x10host.com/

chartwel

Reaction score
Looks like the cause for issue is your IP changes along the way, the session is started with one IP and then it changes making the session reset causing the login to fail.

I did notice that you are on a mobile connection (at least judging from the look up on the IPs involved), this is unfortunately not an uncommon issue with mobile connections and the log does indicate two IPs (the session file is a mistmatch to the second).

Interestingly though I see you start at one IP and then being rejected on the second with the same IP pairs more then once, which could indicate some kind of proxy being in play, possibly on ISP side as both IPs belong to the same company.

Are you only able to use that mobile connection? Due to the nature it would likely not allow you to login directly to DA either or at least kick you out fairly quick due to IP changing.

I have had same ISP for over 2 years, and never had this problem. Did not have the problem with cPanel at x10host. Have other websites hosted at other webhosts, do not have the problem. This problem appears to be exclusive to x10's migration to DA

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
It is likely tied to how we transfer logins between the sso page and DA, it is done with a session tied to the IP, that was not the case when we had cPanel, at that point the password was simply sent along with the login request when going to cPanel. This is a more secure way as the password doesn't need to be stored anywhere in the SSO page.

Going to directadmin directly will bypass that session login, but would not count towards activity (for that only the main login will work). The direct login for your server is https://x14.x10hosting.com:2222

The username to use with that is the same as here on forums (and same as it was on cPanel), password should be the same as for the main login.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Admin, I'm having the exact same issue. I believe the migration of my website went wrong, I can actually see the website frontend, but I can not reach the backend of the website, rather the cpanel of the hosting. Can you please check into this. the account information is as follow:

Domain: http://learn2earntrading.x10host.com/
You should really start your own thread with your issues as it is easy to overlook one post among others in someone elses thread.

I don't see anything about failed logins to DA regarding your account, what is the exact error you are getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.